Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I ride a 2000 SXR 600 and need a new track and i have been thinking i want the cobra. I'm wondering if this track will fit the sled fine? also if it is right for what I ride, which is about 75% trail and 25% lakes/ fields. I read that you lose about 10 mph with the ripsaw? That is my main reason for wanting the cobra, because I want to keep the top speed.

Also, which other tracks would be good? I don't plan on studding it.

·
Registered
242 Posts
ihave never heard about losing 10mph with a rip saw....i had a friend who put a rip saw on his RX-1 and it still had the same top speed as the stock one. i have a ripsaw track on my sled and it grabs really well. I ride mostly trail

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Cobra is pretty much a 50/50 track, a ripsaw sounds like something that would fit your needs.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Dragonryder said:
[highlight=yellow]ihave never heard about losing 10mph with a rip saw[/highlight=yellow]....i had a friend who put a rip saw on his RX-1 and it still had the same top speed as the stock one. i have a ripsaw track on my sled and it grabs really well. I ride mostly trail
Same here, never heard of that. I plan on getting a Ripsaw for my sled before this winter. I've only heard good things about them.

·
Registered
148 Posts
When I rode Yamahas my wife had a SxR 600 and I had a SRX 600 and I put 1 1/4 Ripsaws on both sleds and loved them, I too have never heard anything about the 10mph loss before. Both of my sleds didn't loose any noticable power by putting on a Ripsaw. Since I have bought my first Ripsaw I have had plenty of friends and family buy them also, and so far no bad things to say about them. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Def not 10 mph. Maybe 4 or 5 mph at MOST. I went from a 7/8 lug track to a 1.25" ripsaw and noticed a SLIGHT loss of speed on top end, def more than worth the extra traction. The loss of speed is due to the taller lug height and added rotating mass. If you upgrade from a shorter lug track to a taller lug youre probably going to experience some loss in top speed. So whatever speed loss youll see with a ripsaw, youllprobably see pretty much the same with a cobra.
I think either one would work very well for you. If you did a lot more off trail then I would say go with the cobra. If I were you I would buy whichever one you find cheapest.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, it looks like i will go with the ripsaw. I can get it for cheaper, and i guess the speed loss isn't too much... thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
you can fit a 2" lug under your sled.... And a 1" Ripsaw is all you need man!

·
Registered
148 Posts
There no way a 2" track will fit in that sled stock. I can guarantee it, I know those sleds and that rear suspension.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Will the 1.25 inch fit just fine? I'm guessing it does, but would like to make sure.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
A 1 1/4 will fit stock on dare I say 100% of sleds? It will definetly fit on yours. Check the fs section, I'm pretty sure festus has a ripsaw in 1 1/4 and 121

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/114292/display.aspx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts