Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First - this is not brand bashing in any way. My friends, friend (nice guy), told me that his stock 98 Polaris 700cc twin (not sure of the exact model) would kick my stock 97 Arctic ZRT800's triple butt (not really, my sled has after market stuff like Black Magic pipes, etc) . He started it and he laid the gauntlet down (so to speak). I said no way!!! Am I right? I rode his sled and I swear my feels like a bullet compared to his (I will let him ride mine too). I want to hear your thoughts before I get even more cocky (like he wasn't) and before we actually get together to see for sure.

1997 ZRT800

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
he will go down I think. My opinion. My cousins 1996 ZRT 600 beat my uncle's ported, piped, head moded, clutched, reeded, and breather modified 00 ZR 700. True that uses the older motor but it still a real strong sled that beats pretty much all 600s and runs with modern 700s.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I have seen XC700s in the improved 700 class absoulutely fly down the track. But if he really is stock and not sand bagging you then you should win easily. His confidence makes me wonder just whats been done to his 700. Ive played that game with people before(especially cat people) I have a stock looking ultra that surprises many. You did ride his sled though....... maybe he didnt show you the nitros button :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I own a '00 XC 700 that is clutched and picked. It has to be at least as fast as a stock '98. I have lined up with a '99 ZRT 800 that had mods that were probably similar to yours. I got beat up pretty bad in a 1/4 mile--at least 4 sled lengths.
I'd say anything less than the farm would be a good bet.

TOO MUCH IS JUST RIGHT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts