Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an xedge and when I am slowing down I have a whining it sounds like it might be in the breaks but I am not sure could the chain be to tight. I just had a new track instaled as well jus twounding what you guys might think It is a 600 e edge Marty

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Learn to live with it. Unless you want to regear it to lessen the chain angle.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Pretty sure its a gear whine. My xcr whines like mad when slowing down. Its just something you have to put up with.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it sound pretty cool myself just wanted to make sure that it was not something big time marty

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
My XC's do it too. I always thought it was coming from the brakes.

Ive gotten used to it and use as a medium to gauge how hard I am running in the twistys. The harder the pull, the louder the whine. I would be handicapped without it.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
My XLT does the same exact thing. I myself like the whine noise.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
My Pro X2 and my Vector both do it. I have heard loosening the tension on the chain will lessen the noise.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
just about every sled I have been on did that, even my 05 rev does it.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/gallery/file.asp?id=13206&user=365

Does it sound like that towards the end of the video? I think I was applying my brakes there too.

·
Registered
807 Posts
To stay with same drive ratio go to 22/37 gears with a 72 pitch chain. You have to grind a little off the back side of tensioner to make it fit. If you want to increase ratio try 23/40. No wine at all. Or enjoy the whine like some do.

·
Registered
384 Posts
My ultra makes that same noise. So does my phazer and my exciter.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Every Polaris I have been on has a more noticible whine than other brands I have ridden. My gf old wedge isnt bad at all, but my friends have both a xc 500 and xc 700 Gen II, they both have a really noticibly loud whine to them.

·
Registered
360 Posts
every sled i have riden has made that sound. to be honest i like the sound. nick

1 - 20 of 25 Posts