Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i noticed this today and realized this when riding with some freinds but its funny to noticed when kides start do out do their dads. i'm not talking about you beating your dad just because u have a better sled but you are a bit more brave when it comes to aggresive riding. today i reached that mark at age 16. today we were out riding and climbing some hills and i was riding his apex and i was launching off these cornices. i wasn't being stupid i was just getting better and riding more agrressive then ther was this steep hill and i was just destroying it and i was riding hard and i told my dad to take the apex and try it and see if he can beat me but he couldn't. my dad personally told me today that i was a better rider than him. he was proud of me because even though doing these climb and jumps i was smart and didn't do sumthing that i know i couldn't do. so when did u first out do your old man and become the better rider? its gonna happen sooner or later to them they can't hold the title of king sledder forever.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i couldn't belive it after posting this topic my i was talking to my dad about my ridiing when i couldn't believe my ears. after seeing me be responsible with such a big sled and riding it better than he ever did he considered that maybe i should get the apex then he can have teh new phazer because he knows that 80hp will not meet up to how i ride and he doesn't really care about having a fast sled anymore. now i know people here will think that im a big lier and like what 16 year old is gonna get an apex mtn for a sled. so for those who don't belive you can frankly say that u don'' belive its true but avoid the arguement of saying that im a snotty nosed kid and im just lying ect. i am stating the truth but its your choice to belive it or not and if you don't please don't make a statement that will because i realize a post like this can so im trying to avoid it now

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Just remember, Don,t let your ego get ahead of you rideing skills. Not bashing you at all, just remember, when you ride the edge of the envolope, nasty things happen real quick!!!
Wish I could ride like that but the old body doesn,t bend anymore, it breaks.

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Good for you and your dad. Riding within yourself is the key to a good successful ride. And your dad admitting that you ride better than he does is very impressive and shows he's a down to eath man. I know personally my dad won't admit that, he came close once, but didn't say it right out. Stay safe and ride hard bud.

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
About a month ago when I bought the powder special. But I was always riding mine harder I think.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by greasemonkey
[br]Just remember, Don,t let your ego get ahead of you rideing skills. Not bashing you at all, just remember, when you ride the edge of the envolope, nasty things happen real quick!!!
one of the best posts ever!

I ride harder then my dad as in jumping and in the ditches, he dosnt really jump much. i ride really hard int he ditches he says my front end is hardly ever on the ground or is my sled. But honestly he can kick my ass in the trails. iam a half decent trail rider but thes amazing. iam a ruff ditch guy not a trail guy. But just rember going faster dont mean your better just means your stupider[;)]

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by greasemonkey
[br]Just remember, Don,t let your ego get ahead of you rideing skills. Not bashing you at all, just remember, when you ride the edge of the envolope, nasty things happen real quick!!!
your exactly like my dad and thats why he said im better is because you is scared he is gonna break a bone or sumthing then he'll be screwed and can't ride. yes and thats a reason why he said i was good was because i don't really show off ( i'll go try to out do someone when highmark but not show off and be a jerk. he still has one thing on me , he's not afraid to go fast and so if we had equal sled he would have the balls to go faster the fastest he has ever done was 110 mph while today i set a new speed record for my self which was about 90mph. i always wanted to follow my dads foosteps and race he did local drags and won while i wanna try to do hillclimbing or just try to be in a pro mountain sledding video or two. at first he laughed but now he says that he thinks i can do it but enough about me thanx for the comments about me but what about u guys im sure u all remembered the day you finally beat your dad. share your stories

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
My dads 54 by the way, he rides every thurs night at 100 the whole way to the bar or casnioe. dosnt drink its just a destionation, the old bugger likes ot blow past me at full bore on his attak or rev.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Ive always ridden harder than my dad. i just cant stand going slow or takin it easy. i love pushing my sleds to their limits because ive always been a bigger stronger kid so ive been able to handle it. always pass my dad and his friends in the ditches. Im to aggresive to be a good trail rider but im a great ditch banger.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
im a very agressive trail rider, and my dad was the first to notice this. this season he will be 51, and still keeps up at the best of times. i guess he's still a kid at heart. his advice, ride hard, ride safe.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm much of a better rider than my dad, he is a lot smarter than me when it comes knowing how the trail conditions are gonna be and exactly where his limits are. Plus he's been riding his two-up touring 500 since '98 and he could still maneuver that sled pretty well through some decent powder, but this year he'll have my XLT that he bought from me to ride so he'll probably be having a little bit more fun[;)]

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i am way more agressive and jumping is how i mbraver, i am a really agressive rider but i can keep up with him in the trails. The only reason older people seem to be fast is because they grew up on sleds that needed body language to steer, and so did i and it makes you alot better with a sled period.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
my dad only sleded when he was a kid, he hasnt had a sled id say for 20-25 years now,ive never gone sledding with him so i dontno if i am a better rider

·
Registered
99 Posts
i think ive always been better than the old man, although now he does have a better faster sled than me i could take him on my 500 though the woods ne day, I showed him what a sled was and at the age of 13 i bought the first sled i ever drove and learned how to ride on. so i think im waiting for him to take me but it wont happen

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
my old man is still just as crazy as I am. I can high mark him only cause I have a better sled. but he will still jump cornices and run shoots that most people would wouldn't try.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
What do you mean in the title by "Who?" or is that supposed to be how?

I wouldn't say that I necessarily surpassed my old man, he just stopped doing crazy things on his sled. Back in the day he did some wild stunts, but he has mellowed, and has to show his responsible side for the youngsters...

Here's a pic of him in his prime:
[attachment=51563]

Attachments

·
Registered
871 Posts
About 3 years ago I equalled my old man in riding skill. I can go faster on bumpy trails simply because I can take a beating longer. But if you said race down any trail for 5 miles and stop, the old man (my dad is 55) would be right there. Guys who have been riding for 30 years can really handle a sled because they had to know to use body english and throttle to ride hard. Young kids, not all, think these new sleds can do everything, its more rider input than they realize. Its funny to see a group of young guys on revs get blown away by my old man on his viper on twisty trails.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^ oh yes definately when it comes to speed and racing my dad will beat me because he knows how to react when going 100mph he will still beat i get going that fast then i start to get a little scared and i slow down he can maintain his his speed. also being an ex racer he knows a thing or two but if its anything technical like hillclimbings and that he won't touch me. so all in all we are still even. he has the body english for speed and i have the maneuverability and agilty for technical terrain

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
First year we were out on the trails which was only 2 years ago. Before that it had just been me by myself out on the lake booming around and having fun on the lake. when that first year it was me on the 93 340 lynx and my dad on the 98 550 cougar and he couldnt keep up to me on the trails. i think he has told me but i cant remember.

Not to take anything away from my dad, ive heard and hes told me of the things he did when he was younger. the years of the snow twister have some really good stories.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts