Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
what do you want to know?

the 99 500 xc sp had a pretty ok setup, personally i would go to a lot bigger helix and stiffer secondary spring,

the 99 500 indy with the fuji twin had the same old lazy setup from the 80's. same for this engine, lot bigger helix and a stiffer spring, as well as an almond gold primary spring for a very aggressive setup.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
madcow said:
what do you want to know?

the 99 500 xc sp had a pretty ok setup, personally i would go to a lot bigger helix and stiffer secondary spring,

the 99 500 indy with the fuji twin had the same old lazy setup from the 80's. same for this engine, lot bigger helix and a stiffer spring, as well as an almond gold primary spring for a very aggressive setup.
I have a stock setup but I think something is wrong in my primary. There are grooves in the clutch (like wear marks) that are about 1/32 deep. I read somewhere that the stock clutch should engage at about 3800, mine doesnt engage til about 4500. When it does engage it really snaps in. Nothing smooth about it. I am running stock setup, with the blue spring.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Post up some pictures. they can determine thing soo much easier.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Boondocker82 said:
Anyone close to LaCrosse WI that knows a bit about clutching?
im in holmen, maybe we can get someone down here for a day to help tune, i'm looking for some clutch work done on my 09 dragon 600 SP

·
Registered
526 Posts
brnr17 said:
Boondocker82 said:
im in holmen, maybe we can get someone down here for a day to help tune, i'm looking for some clutch work done on my 09 dragon 600 SP
I'm from Holmen as well... If we get some late snow we should ride!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dumz1 said:
brnr17 said:
Boondocker82 said:
dumz1 I sent you a private message.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Boondocker82 said:
Dumz1 said:
brnr17 said:
Boondocker82 said:
i feel left out .......................:)

Dumz1 said:
brnr17 said:
Boondocker82 said:
looks like you have a sled like my last one. 01 xcsp 600 with 136 ripsaw, bars, pipped, shorty seat, and the extas. i do miss that sled somedays!

·
Registered
526 Posts
brnr17 said:
Boondocker82 said:
Dumz1 said:
brnr17 said:
Boondocker82 said:
i feel left out .......................:)

Dumz1 said:
brnr17 said:
Boondocker82 said:
looks like you have a sled like my last one. 01 xcsp 600 with 136 ripsaw, bars, pipped, shorty seat, and the extas. i do miss that sled somedays!
no need to feel left out! [thumb]

No shorty seat, or pipes but I do like my sled with the 136 ripsaw, also have a 1.5 paddle for the deeper stuff.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just moved to the north west territories, got myself a polaris 600xc liberty. anyone no the top speed of this machine?? on a hard packed trail, i hit just over a 100 mph, are these speedo's reading ok? the sled its awesome, and the riding season here goes well into the last of april, you cross the river to ride in the mountains. will add video when i get use to this site. looking forward to getting some info about my sled, new to the sport!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts