Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow is the world changing. You can say little 700 and it doesn't sound that wrong. I mean sure we had 1000s but the THundercat just seems different. Specialyl since it is a triple.

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Yeah, everything changes. I mean, a few years ago, if you had a 600 you were like on top of the list. Jus tlook at computers. Speeds double every 18 months. Snowmobiles don't go at quite that fast of a rate but they keep getting more and more power out of small CC's.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
150HP calimed out of the 862cc sled. Not too big for me :) besides with coupling blocks it isn't like it would be hard to handle. Just fun when you remove them. Man that owuld be something to see :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would hope they would be getting closer to 160 hp out of an 862. With the few basic mods I've done I should be pumping out right around 150 out of my little 785cc twin.
Next year maybe a 1010cc kit and 180hp for my 785???? LOL

RtkatZL8
2001 ZL800
Delta IIs
Power Breather

Creek beds don't make good brakes!

MBRP Silencer

·
Registered
975 Posts
Aw....what the hell Sleddog.....if you're passin out the Cats....I'll take one. Thanks brother. Ha ha Mark

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well the claimed is 150+HP so it is prolly more. I wouldn't doubt getting it to 170+ simply with pipes and intake mods. Man that would kick major ass.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
I'll take one, but if I can't ride it like mine right now what's the point.....I might as well own a ZR120

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I would take one.
509 lbs not bad for a 900 56 lbs lighter than my stock Tcat and it has a 151 and only gives up around 20 Hp more than makes up for it in weight.
Do some performance mods and this thing should rip.

Member #2 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
268 Posts
Oh my lord would I love to have one, imagine when the APV pops open on a 900, you would be lucky to have good grip or you would get your a$$ kicked!
I love the boost on the ZR 600, but a 900? I can't imagine that much fun!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ride Snowmobiles; baseball, bowling, and golf require only ONE ball!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
322 Posts
they are damn nice....wouldn't be surprised if more like it come out this coming year. i heard in some mag that ski-doo is workin on one, and i wouldn't be surprised if polaris wasn't lookin into it too. give 'em a year or two and they'll all have something out faster. look at this now, 2001 was the 800, late 2002 900. 2003 or 04, 1000? Guess we'll all have to wait and see.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!!

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts
I don't. 900 too big, who drives over 100 mph constantly? Nobody, and if you do, you are an idiot.

They should limit the size to 600 max. Accidents would go down, not nearly as much fuel would be burned and they are cheaper.

That's all IMHO.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts