Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't been able to get out once yet this year. This is due to a lack of snow. Even if I had snow I am still waiting on parts to get my sled together. I dropped it off today to get all the cracks welded so it doesn't break in half. We got about 8 inches (with no base) and I would be pretty damn tempted to go out if my sled was ready, so it is probably better that it isnt, but it would be pretty nice to go for a ride. Anyone else in my boat??

This is my back yard..... pretty dismal after all the blowing around. Lakes are a bit slushy as well.

[attachment=54450]

This pic is of the dusting about a week ago whick was gone in 2 days.
[attachment=53667]

[attachment=53666]

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
I havent got mine out because theres no snow and tomorrow its going to be 50 degrees out. A week from now looks like the first chance of any snow happening.[:(]

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
went from 0" to 5" this weekend. it's about time we see something...

took the kids for a small ride. only put on about 2 miles. but the kids put on about 10 around the yard.... & the kitty cat used up a whole tank of gas....

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My cousins kid would ride the kitty kat around our farm up north. Literally he would make a huge circle into the field and around the house/buildings. We would know he needed gas when we didnt hear him come around the house anymore. That kid would ride all day if he could.

·
Registered
690 Posts
no f*cken snow for me so far, i got about 2 miles on my sled this year from taking a couple rips across the yard and the field and thats it

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Thats a great big "0"[/size=6] for me. Good buddy, over.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Haven't even brought the sleds out of hibernation yet. Been a serious lack of snow until Sunday, when we got between 4 and 11 in Minneapolis. Of course the forecast says 40 degrees or so for the next few days, so I don't know how much will even survive. We were in the central part of Minnesota (south of Brainerd, for those local), and got nothing but rain out of the system that snowed in the Cities.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a brand new 07 crossfire sitting in the garage with 0 miles because of a lack of snow... of course in Chicago, we only get a few snow days a year anyway, but I typically ride in Southwest MI, and their not getting any either... This SUCKS!!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Still have a big 0 so far this year. It was the fourth warmest December on Record in Buffalo. We had a freak storm in October (sled was still in pieces) where we got 20" of snow....but even with that we are still around 10" below normal for this time of year. The lake is running 8 Degrees above normal and it will be 50 and Sunny tomorrow. The long range forecast 10 days out shows the lowest high temperature being 38 degrees. Last Winter was terrible from January on last year. I haven't ridden in almost a year. A YEAR!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Nada for me as well. Not a lot of hope in the future either. It is really started me thinking...

·
Registered
359 Posts
Originally posted by Intimdtr77
[br]Nada for me as well. Not a lot of hope in the future either. It is really started me thinking...
Ya there is really nothing at all coming in the near future. This is the worst I've seen it.

·
Registered
137 Posts
A big fat f'in 0! We heard runours of good condition around Mt. Tremblant (Quebec). Made the wife mad when I told her we were leaving @4:00 today, be back tomorrow night sometime. My buddy made a few phone calls to some local shops, clubs. Turns out they're not grooming yet and its raining. We're not going anymore.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I put 3/10 of a mile on grass, NO SNOW and it dont look good for the next 2 weeks either. We are currently stuck in a 15 to 20 deg above normal temp trend. THIS SUCKS. What sucks even more is that we have been getting pounded with moisture falling in the form of rain, because it never goes below 34 at night!

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
Mine are still sittin in the shed ZERO miles so far [V]

1 - 20 of 126 Posts