Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well I guess I will be the first to say I do...coming from a twin guy. I am looking for a triple this summer, want to turn it into a drag sled. Why? I love the sound of a good tuned trip. Raw horse power and the amount of hp that you can get from these is unbelievable. Its to bad that the triple two stroke is no longer being built.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I agree that there is no sound like a triple, and no throttle pull from acceleration like a triple

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ugly_old_Poo_kid said:
Twins are for wimps...
Haha, I am a twin guy and it still made my day. I have been on triples before and I must admit the shear power is very nice.

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
Bigz said:
the sound and smoothness of most triples
I think this pretty well sums it up.[:)] Don't get me wrong, there's twins out there that sound pretty awesome, but it's like comparing the sound of a v-6 against a v-8. Just no competition.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Hangman said:
Bigz said:
the sound and smoothness of most triples
I think this pretty well sums it up.[:)] Don't get me wrong, there's twins out there that sound pretty awesome, but it's like comparing the sound of a v-6 against a v-8. Just no competition.
That is a VERY good comparison. I congratulate you on that.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You cant beat the sound, feel, and power of them!! The triples I've rode gave a much smoother power delivery, and they get up and go much faster! I just started up my brothers xcr600 and man does it sound sweet with them triple pipes!

·
Registered
232 Posts
i like triples alot for there sound, power and there takeoff, boy was i in for a suprise when i hit the throttle on my uncles xlt.

·
Registered
89 Posts
pro-x220x said:
boy was i in for a suprise when i hit the throttle on my uncles xlt.
really? the xlt's had anywhere from 88-100 hp (depending on year and model xlt) from 93' to 99'

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
When i drive up to the pumps with my SRX w/ Hauck can i get all kinds of looks. I love the deep rumble it makes and power it produces.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yep hands down best sounding and after haveing a twin motor in my edge chasis put the xcr motor in took care of that lack of power from the twin still my fav and always will be nothing like a triple !!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I love the sound of my ultra. My fusion cannot compare in the sound category.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I got the 94 RXl piped,chipped,clutched and geared. Then the toy is a 93 Storm750 thats piped,clutched and geared. The power delivery,sound and ride comfort is tops. Tripples rule drags and top end racing for a reason.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I love triples.The feel,the sound, the power. Nothing can top a triple. I dont see anything for people to hate

·
Registered
863 Posts
srx_600 said:
When i drive up to the pumps with my SRX w/ Hauck can i get all kinds of looks. I love the deep rumble it makes and power it produces.
were you driving up to the pumps alot on it ? doesnt matter when they that fast!

·
Registered
4,056 Posts
mxz440kid said:
srx_600 said:
were you driving up to the pumps alot on it ? doesnt matter when they that fast!
My SRX is very easy on gas and oil.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I agree with SRX600, My viper gets better mileage than my three buddies with F7's and my other two with rev 600's. I was saving at least 5 to 7 bucks every fill up. Not to mention I have a better top end!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts