Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you ride with chest protectors like this?

[attachment=52902]

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Those are more of a roost protector? arn't they?

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is a roost protector. They might help with a mild impact, but if you have a severe impact to the chest, it will crack and might cause more damage.

I personally ride with a Bwear vest. It is close to the Tekvest pro, but the quality of the Bwear is far better then the Tek. But if I were you, I would at least look into a Tek vest or a Bwear.

Here is where you can get more info on the Bwear. http://www.f-bombracing.com/

·
Registered
547 Posts
I wear a tekvest supersport, don't know how much better the quality can be,
but I'll say this, its comfortable, and does not limit my movement.
I don't even know its there.
If you decide to get one, find one to try on first, their sizing is a bit
on the large side of things.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
I am unsure of the qualitly factor as I looked at both but anyways, the chest protector will give some protection but not much.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Those actualy will be fine, like I wear those kind in motocross and I have hit pretty hard and I know they have definately saved me from some damage, but I would go with the Kimpex vests, much more comfortable!(if you can spend $100 more on a vest)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actually was looking at differnt ones I am right with you guys about the tecvest and such i just cant see spending $300 on a vest for 10 days of riding per year when i would acctually ride it because we can only ride trailes/ditches around here and I wouldnt need to wear it then. But I think the cumfort level will go up alot with the tecvest style so i will just get one of them thanks for you help.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
Originally posted by larsenracing
[br]I actually was looking at differnt ones I am right with you guys about the tecvest and such i just cant see spending $300 on a vest for 10 days of riding per year when i would acctually ride it because we can only ride trailes/ditches around here and I wouldnt need to wear it then. But I think the cumfort level will go up alot with the tecvest style so i will just get one of them thanks for you help.
I would be afraid not to wear it. You can get hurt anywhere. Ask acmatt? He got hurt on a straight section of trail.

You can get the ss vest for around $150.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ya same here with the way i ride i should probablu get one

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am in an AXO pressure suit. forearm shoulder back chest and kidney belt for around 175 and I dont leave home without it. The forearm guard is the best part when boondocking I use my forearms to block and or bash into trees...depends how tight the trees are! Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I don't personally wear one, and I'll bet one tank of gas that locals don't wear one also. Just the nature of the cat.. say what you will... it's not the number one item on people minds out here in western Alaska...I would say cold is and I wear a "maliagi" and that's what I'm gonna say about this.. no matter what anyone else says...

·
Registered
89 Posts
I never really thought about it before. But that would be a good idea to get one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I wear a Safe-Jac sometimes

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
www.tekrider.com - I love them.. I'll be buying one soon with my sponsor discout!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by stick
[br]I wear a Safe-Jac sometimes
Yep Saf-Jac here also. He makes a great product, and not as costly as a Tecvest. I bought them for my kids as well (4/7 years old).

"i just cant see spending $300 on a vest for 10 days of riding per year when i would acctually ride it because we can only ride trailes/ditches around here"

Are you serious? $300 now or $$$ to the hospital. I have had the worst snowmobiling accidents while ditch banging - culverts, hidden boulders, barb wire - all caused me to superman over the handlebars except for the wire. That hit me dead center in the chest and bruised me with the vest.

Get one, its worth it.

Brad

·
Registered
661 Posts
I don't yet, but as soon as the Tekvests arrive from the group buy I will!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I wear the EVS jersey. Works well but isn't really adjustable. I was just checking out the new Thor jersey and will probably get that next time. Either way I like those because it has the kidney belt built in.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I do not wear chest protector unless I'm really doing some big jumps or racing or hillclimbing. If you are just screwing around i wouldn't bother.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts