Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That this year is better then last? The temps are climbing now, high 30's 40's.

No, this year is a lot worse then last.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
its 3 days till the same day that u took that pic of ur XCR on dec. 12.....and i bet by thursday we have no snow at all

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know. And it's warm again.. So it's worse then last yr.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Sorry you guys. That is crap for you that there you still don't have any snow and it is worse than usual for you. At least here we have somethin here, not that I can do anything with it. Won't say how long it'll be here though, cuz the temps are goin up here too and the snow is slowly fading away. I guess all we can do is cross our fingers and wish huh?

·
Registered
671 Posts
dang, all out damn snows gonna be gone by end of this week, 40's for like the next 2 weeks. this sucks. Why cant we just have a great big storm and we all get like 2 feet so we can jsut have fun.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
it really depends on where you are...in SE Wisconsin is was in the 40's until after Xmas last year, even up North there was crap for snow. And we only got one, yes ONE, snowstorm (if you could call it that) and that was the snow for the whole year. Trails only lasted about 2 weeks. That's about as bad as it can get. I'm still saying this year is shaping up better, but I'll change my tone if theres another grassy Xmas break.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
here in northeastern wisconsin only one county had the trails open for 2 days and it was because the trails belong'd to a vintage snowmobile club and it was their annual ride. otherwise the rest of the week its to be in the upper 40's like 45 or higher there goes all the ice and any chance of a white christmas

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Its freezing here. Every night has been below 0 celcius, for the last 2-3 weeks. There now snow, but the creek behind my house is frozen solid.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Its been REAL cold here in Maine over the last few days....below 0 and sigle digits during the evenings and upper teens during the day (F). It is forcasted to warm up though over the next few days though....up to about 40 or so. But fortunately it doesn't sound like it will last. Lakes around here are froze up solid....6-8 in of ice.

Its still early guys.......have faith!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Crap.. sorry to hear how crappy it is for you guys.. Especially for those w/ new sleds..!!

But I already have over 100 miles on my sled this season.. last year I only put on 400 TOTAL.. I hoping to have that beat by x-mas this year.. So things are looking better than last year for me, anyways..

Thinking snow,

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bobinwi:

Have you herd anything about the Poker Run This weekend in Hurley Wi? It has somwthing to do with the "Red Light Days" I think..

Any Info??

[:p]

Originally posted by Bobinwi
[br]here in northeastern wisconsin only one county had the trails open for 2 days and it was because the trails belong'd to a vintage snowmobile club and it was their annual ride. otherwise the rest of the week its to be in the upper 40's like 45 or higher there goes all the ice and any chance of a white christmas

·
Registered
330 Posts
sorry about the typing errors, I have a cast on my left hand, and it seems the spell check on this forum is broke... hopfully my hand will be healed before the snow comes!!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Here in northern Norway its raining some then some snow that melts away the next day,my sled sitts on my trailer ready to go but i havent ridden a single time yet.So for me its even worse than last year,its so depressing i`m thinking about selling the sled and buy a motorcycle instead(just letting some steam out i would never be without a sled).maybe january will be better for us, i hope[V]

AC Wildcat 700 EFI MC

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
12/12 through 12/15 - 21st Annual Red Light Snowmobile Rally
This traditional First Ride of the Season features a poker run, scavenger hunt, snow dance and more at the Top of Wisconsin in Hurley. Weather Report - Next best chance of snow will be on Thursday all the way thru Sunday. We received no new snow and have a total of 7 inches of snow on the ground. The total of snowfall for this season is 51.8 inches
More Info: (715) 561-4334
got that info from www.hurleywi.com

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hold on guys :) we are not even into the winter season yet.It is only Dec 10 ,plenty of time for it to get cold and snow again.Now they are saying it is suppose to change again around the 20th of this month.Check out www.accuweather.com and www.johndee.com ,both say the same thing .

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
Holy smokes, perhaps you are right....I am sure hoping they are right! Starting around the 17th we are supposed to get snow!!! PLEAE BE TRUE!!!!!

If it isn't i will be fery depressed. [:(}

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hey Pman,
Don't give up hope yet. I am trying to remember what year it was, Maybe 96 or 97. We had basically no snow all year. I had given up and was going to toss in the towel and then we got all that snow in mid feb. That was the best riding in the last few years.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Here in 97 we had lots of snow then it started melting then we had a week long blizzard that buried everything and when it melted it flooded.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should get some of our snow/flood pics up on here from '97 eh willy?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Sorry guys, the memory slipped. I talked to my wife and she said that the year I am thinking of was either 92 or 93. Hard to believe that it was ten years already. Seems like just a year or two ago.
I remember seeing pics from the flood in 97. parts of Man had it bad. How bad were you guys?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts