Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone think polaris needs a face lift or a new sled??...

Duct tape the only real solution

GO BIG or GO HOME!!!!
TEAM TRICKY

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I think that polaris could use a new look, but I think that the guts of the sled is great...

GO HARD, OR GO HOME - IF YOU COME TO A FORK IN THE ROAD...TAKE IT

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah polaris chassis and eveyrthing are great...but the body like hood and b-pan need a face lift

GO BIG or GO HOME!!!!
TEAM TRICKY

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
Each to his own I guess.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
they could lose some decals, make a little sleeker hood line and put the xcr engine in it, with a little longer or taller seat. then they might have a sled.

nothing goes like three holes!!!!!!!

·
Registered
243 Posts
They need a new front suspension. The cat front suspension is better and others are moving towards it. Skidoo has an A arm now and so does Yamaha. Just my thoughts!

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Polaris-Man:
Each to his own I guess.

Ride the Best!
[/quote]

exactly...

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm always one to look for ways to improve something but to tell you the truth I love the looks of the classic Indy chassis and the current RMK vertical edge chassis. The one thing that would make them even better is a flexible hood like on the Ski-doo's. Besides that performance reliability and agility are well balanced on the Polaris but who wouldn't want more. As far as a new sled design / product line goes Polaris and every other manufacture besides Ski-Doo is missing out on the utility sled market. The wide track and bearcats are pretty much unchanged for the last couple of years and are really far behind Ski-doo’s Skandic line in performance and function. And that is a shame as I love the Polaris product line but I would have to buy yellow when it comes to utility. For hunting and hauling cargo to the cabin the Ski-Doo is the only choice in my opinion.

Regards,
Nathan

Alaska The Great Land!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
have u seen arctic cat's bearcat??...no new design they just changed i think last uyear??...put a zr hood on it...unlike the older cats with more square and narrower noses...bearcats are changed...utility market is big not but as big as some think...i think that arctic cat is more less worried about the sleds that will sell the most

GO BIG or GO HOME!!!!
TEAM TRICKY

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I think everyone always wants to see something new from whoever it may be. Nothing is ever "good enough" cuz anything and everything can be improved.

Ride the Best!

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
dido on that p-man...i totally agree...i mean someones always got something they would like to see happen...or something they would like to change.....i guess what the point im gettin at....is if you dont like something...or you have a suggestion...maybe write a letter to the company.....i dont know if it would help much......but still.....my 2 cents

ARTIC CAT....my way to play

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
I agree with PMan. THe design is great right now but with the recent heavy upgrades and changes of the other 3 I think it puts a feeling like what is Polaris doing? I mean I know the ProX is a huge improvement from other edge chassis sleds but I still just feel like I don't see the change. Its stupid because I know its there but I just need to visually see something.
And as for the Bearcat that sleds design is presently based on the present model ZRs so that isn't an old design. As well that is a utility sled hardly comparable to a high performance trail machine. And actually if you visually go and see the new bearcats you can see a difference. Mainly in the huge track and enormous length of it.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I am not trying to make anyone mad or anything, and this is my opinion**

I DO NOT think that Polaris should go to A-Arms as someone mentioned. There are advantages and disadvantages of both systems. This has actually been mentioned on a few sites (I can't remember which ones though) and in a magazine I think. The reason for it is that some people prefer the way one works and some don't.

Also I think that every company "would be better with something new" every year BUT companies most likely do not have the ability to roll out 10 or 12 different brand new models every year, because of testing, R&D and just the new technology. If every company came out with a brand new line of sled every year and took out an old one how would they be reliable?

Also in 2001's model year Polaris came out with a brand new sled in the EDGE chassis. A lot of people didn't like it and a lot did. But again companies cannot role out completely different sleds every year or 2 because they haven't established themselves. Don't take this the wrong way but the only new hood design that I thought was cool in the past 2 years was the Viper's. I went to a snowmobile show on Sunday and I saw all the brand new sleds and a lot look good but just are not appealing to me. I don't really like the pictures of the new XC's but real life sure does help them a bit, same with the REV, and Firecat. I am just saying I am not the biggest fan of them but I am not gonna say that I hate them.

**Remember these are just my opinion**

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I've ridden a lot of polaris and AC sleds. IMO the a-arm front end is better. I think they both work fantastic and coming from a guy that started on a springer front end I have no complaints. But if you are nitpicking - the a-arm outperforms and is lighter. There must be some reason all the other Mfg's are using it now.

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Remember in the 80' and 90's when IFS independant front suspension was all the hype and made riding a snowmobile even better. It seems to be happening now with the rear skidframe.

I think this is really cool, but i wonder if it will be practical.
/snofan/../images/users/megaman/independentrear.jpg
Independant rear suspension.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Interesting....

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
I think that the Independant rear suspension although a good idea would be rather useless due to the fact that the sled is still riding on basically 1 track in the back and that the 2 parts are too close together to make it a worth while venture. I am not saying it is a bad idea but the difference between the bumps on the 2 sides would be so similar that it wouldn't be worth it.

This is just my thoughts on it and they may be wrong but that is just how i see it right now.

Trees don't make the greatest brakes.

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
I wanna see actual proof that the A-arms perform better. There is probably a reason all the MFG's use it now, I dunno what it is though.

Ride the Best!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts