Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering why did ski doo get rid of the beaver tail on the REVs after 03? Was it cuz they just looked goofy or what. Personally im glad they did. Looks alot better with out it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
somewhere i heard that the beaver tail didnt do very good in the powder because the beaver tail would get plugged up. i dont know if that thats why they got rid of it but could be part of it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
i think it was ousted by popular demand. i think it looked horrible. and when alot of people just got fenders for them anyway...might as well have it stock

·
Registered
579 Posts
I have an 03 six hundred and the beaver tail isnt great in the powder but it also isnt bad and it doesnt plug up?? I would much rather have a platform though,, looks wayyyyy better. Also sometimes in reverse the flap goes under and sometimes may rip right off but i have had no problems.

To me it is fine
[attachment=58885]
[attachment=58880]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Observations based on a friends sled: hard to lift sled when stuck because you have to overcome the articulation of the beavertail to raise back of sled. Too many moving parts. Moving parts wear out. Example, my buddy called me the other day to ask if i knew where he could find a beavertail kit so he could replace worn parts. Probably BRP wanted to standardize skids and frames to reduce number of different assemblies.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Originally posted by Offshore24
[br]Observations based on a friends sled: hard to lift sled when stuck because you have to overcome the articulation of the beavertail to raise back of sled. Too many moving parts. Moving parts wear out. Example, my buddy called me the other day to ask if i knew where he could find a beavertail kit so he could replace worn parts. Probably BRP wanted to standardize skids and frames to reduce number of different assemblies.
Did you tell him to ditch the beavertail?

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
He thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. At this point it's "unique" so he thinks it's cool.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I stil think they are fugly.

·
Registered
180 Posts
What the hell is the beaver tail???

·
Registered
32 Posts
ha that does look stupid i think thats the first time ive seen one of them beaver tails

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Originally posted by sixhundredcc
[br]^ ur whole sled is ugly
Maybe your whole sled is ugly.......

Beaver tails sucked to lift up when stuck hert the back. Other then that there just plain ugly.

·
Registered
579 Posts
ye buddy definetly not ugly......nither is renegademan's i was joking wiht him because we go to school together and they are both way nicer than ur poolaris

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
[br]ye buddy definetly not ugly......nither is renegademan's i was joking wiht him because we go to school together and they are both way nicer than ur poolaris
Yeah i can tell your a real mature person, go ride your first year test sled that looks like a huge pile. Your ride a 03 rev beaver tail you can find them for 3100 bucks all day long, a prox is worth 3100 all day long too, so think befor you speak.

PS iam sure alot of people would rather have a "moded" polaris rather then a stock 03 beaver tail.

·
Registered
579 Posts
and not to mention polaris might get out of the sled business because they cant keep up with the competition............and there one of the ugliest sleds out there....I cant find one polaris that looks better than a Cat ski-doo or yami

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
[br]and not to mention polaris might get out of the sled business because they cant keep up with the competition............and there one of the ugliest sleds out there....I cant find one polaris that looks better than a Cat ski-doo or yami
I really dont know were you have gotten your facts but its quite understandable that your mentaly chalanged since you think your sled is a mod with hedlight cover and some stickers. Your just grumpy because you own a beaver tail rev, i dont see why have to come to this site and take anger out on all the members. Didnt your sled blow up, another fine product from skidoo....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.