Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My snowmobile starts and idles fine and ran great before i parked it for a week...now it bogs like a son of a b and barley gets to 50 mph...it only does 10-15 with me on it when I used to do 60-70...its running on both cylinders any help would be great!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Start the motor and spray the seal on the crankshaft on the back side of the clutch. If the seal is bad is the motor will change in RPM. This sounds like an issue that I had three years ago. Sad thing is the seal is $5-$10 but you have to split the crankcase. I would also spray around the carb boots and any gaskets on the motor to see if there is any other issues with extra air intake. Take a look at your plugs as well and tell us what color it is.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
theword said:
Start the motor and spray the seal on the crankshaft on the back side of the clutch. If the seal is bad is the motor will change in RPM. This sounds like an issue that I had three years ago. Sad thing is the seal is $5-$10 but you have to split the crankcase. I would also spray around the carb boots and any gaskets on the motor to see if there is any other issues with extra air intake. Take a look at your plugs as well and tell us what color it is.
What do I spray? Carb cleaner or brake cleaner or what?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Anything flamable.

·
Registered
659 Posts
POLARISDOMINATOR said:
My snowmobile starts and idles fine and ran great before i parked it for a week...now it bogs like a son of a b and [highlight=yellow]barley gets to 50 mph...[/highlight=yellow]it only does 10-15 with me on it when I used to do 60-70...its running on both cylinders any help would be great!
Damn thats some fast barley! [Imaposer] LOL its cheesy I know but had to do it.

·
Registered
841 Posts
If it ran good when you parked it last, it's got to be something stupid. Is the choke lever on by accident or stuck?
Throw in a different pair of spark plugs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts