Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2002 Pro x 440 fan that I havn't ridden yet.When I went to pick it up on Nov 2nd, the stator burned out when he was driving it out of the shop.They didn't know what the hell was wrong and had to get tech on the phone to walk them through it.In the meantime, standing around waiting, my friend & I were checking the sled out, looking at all the cool stuff on it, but then they said it wouldn't be fixed for awhile.The part was on backorder.So we left for home without my new sled(bummed).
A few weeks later, they called up and said "come get your sled".I was very happy.I got my stepdad to hook up his trailer & take me to get it.The guy drove it out and onto the trailer, we put the cover on, and away we went.On the way home some old guy in a minivan rearended the trailer, but thankfully the only damage was to his van.We arrived at my house and unloaded it ,and I thought my sled woes were over.I was wrong.
I drove it the six feet into the shed and shut it down to look things over.The first thing I noticed was that it now has no prem/reg switch.I was pretty sure that it had it when I went to pick it up the first time.Then I noticed that it has 1.3 miles.When I saw it before it only had .3.They ran it a mile on dirt & grass.Then I noticed how grungy it was.It was the dirtiest new sled I've ever seen.There was a film of rugged brown stuff all over it, it took me three hours to shine it up.After getting it shined up nice, I noticed a blemish on the seat.Two lines where there's no grain in the vinyl, like maybe something hot was set on the seat.I had to rerun and neaten up alot of the wires too.Well, I was just happy I had the thing home, and snow on the way soon.And, I found a 10mm craftsman slipwrench under the hood!
A few days later the dealer calls me up and says I gotta bring my CDI down because it was recalled.So I remove it & drive downto drop it off.I asked the guy what happened to the prem/reg switch and he said it never had one."you must have been dreaming" he said.So I asked if the mechanic had to switch it out for the new stator, and he said no.He said he'd have my CDI back in a week or so and I left.(bummed)
The next weekend, I saw my friend that took me to get my sled the first time, and he said he remembers me showing him the fuel selector switch.That weekend also brought about 4-6 inches of snow, while my sled sat there with no spark capabilty.
On tuesday, I returned home from the dentist to find a message from the lady I work with saying to call my sled dealer.So, I call him and he says I have to bring my black box so he can send it back.This is two weeks after I brought my CDI down there.Needless to say, I,m having difficulty trying not to be really pissed off, but manage to politely say I'll bring it and hang up.So I get there and go in and he pulls out my CDI(good timing) and takes my control unit or whatever it is.I'm trying really hard not to be a pissed of bastard of a customer, but I'm visibly not happy.I ask him if it would be possible for him to call his rep and see if it would be possibe to have the proper componants installed to make my prem/reg selector switch work.I was told "No, that sled doesn't come with that option and it would cost over $1000.So, I left.(bummed)
Now I understand this recall stuff, and would rather have this taken care of now, But I can't believe how reluctant the dealer is to even attempt to look into a simple request.Also, I have read several articles and reviews that says the Pro X fan has the new ignition that gives the rider a choice of running premium or regular gas.They even changed the shape of the head specifically to optimize the performance of that ignition system.
Well, I just don't know what to do about this rotton situation ,and I'm damn sure my dealer won't be any help at all.When I go pick up my part, I'm never going back there again.I still don't want to hear anything bad about Polaris,or go buy a Skidoo or cat, but if you've got any good advice, I'm all ears.

Beware of landowners wielding snowshovels!

·
Registered
246 Posts
That sucks. Just goes to show that good service goes a long way for customer loyalty.
I have a friend that drove 80 miles extra to buy is 700 SKS because the shop has great service.

Snowmachining is not a thing to do - its a way of life

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Do you have another polaris dealer in your area you could go too? If so go in there, explain your situation to them and ask them if:

1) The sled does indeed come with the switch you mentioned or not.
2) If it does ask them if they will put something in writing that that sled does indeed have that and something is very wrong here.
3) Ask them if you bring your sled to them if they will do the repairs for you.

There is a good chance that even though you bought the sled from someone else that they will want to take care of you to get your future business.

If you do not have a dealer in your area, try to contact Polaris directly. Tell them exactly everything that is going on, they should take care of you! Explain that you are not asking anything other than to have your sled in working order. That should do it!

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
thats polaris for ya...buy arctic cat...hehe

Think Snow...hell...might as well think lots of snow!

Member #3 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy:

Member #3 of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team[/quote]

I hope this was a joke.

2002 Arctic Cat ZR 800 EFI

founding member of the Arctic Cat Mind Control Team......you will believe!!​

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by arctic-cat-guy:

C'mon, gimme a break dude.

Beware of landowners wielding snowshovels!

·
Registered
167 Posts
im new here at this forum and i dont know what the rules are here but i think you should "name drop" the dealer, it sounds like they could care less about their customers, so if we know who they are maybe the next guy who also reads this site and is looking to buy a new sled will steer clear of these idiots, if i were you id find another place to take care of you, just because you bought the sled there dosent mean that you need take it back there for service! id be pissed if i were you, if the snow is fallin and your sled has a problem, they should take parts off one that they even have on the floor to fix yours "like right now!!!" it just amazes me the bad business sence of some of these dealerships, also i might call directly to the manufacture and let them know that the snow is fallin and you just plunked down a big chunk of your hard earned coin for a snowmobile that wont even run! and you chose their sled over others so they might be able to get you some quick action to restore some faith in their company!, and see what they say? it cant hurt, good luck, and keep us posted what is going on.

jl wojcik jr

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Personally i would find the salesman that you bought your sled from and talk to him about this "little" problem. If he seems to be of little or no help find the owner of the joint and talk to him about it. Then if none of this seems to get you anywhere you should get into contact with polaris directly. I know that when i had a recall on my sled the mechanics gave me a run around so i went in and talked with my salesman who straightened everything out within that same week. Believe me, the salesman want your business again so they will do everything they can to get you straightened out. The mechanics on the other hand almost always have stuff to work on and could care less if your satisfied. Just my opinion on this subject, hope everything works out for ya.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
That's really too bad. Man you should have raised holy hell from the begining of being screwed with. Unfortunately every manufactor will have its excellent dealers, and then bad, scum bag, crappy ones. Including Arctic Cat, arctic-cat-guy. Now you need to get a hold of a regional polaris represenative and tell him what crap they threw at you. Afer all you just dished out thousands of dollars. You are giving the dealer money and their job is to represent Polaris in a good light, and they didn't. In fact go a step further and tell everyone you know how bad of a dealer they were. Just returning the favor after all.

"Drive it like a rental!"

·
Registered
155 Posts
Everyone knows, or should know, the local dealer is the face of the company that the public sees. i'm sure polaris understands this so i would think that if you called the company directly and told them everything that went on with out getting all pissed off, you would be suprised at what they would do to satisfy you and keep you a preferred customer. I have heard some amazing stories of what Polaris will do for their customers. My uncle had a new xc 440 a couple years ago and had some trouble with it, polaris sent out a truck and a couple guys and picked it up, brought it back to the FACTORY, fixed everything that was wrong on it and then some, and had it back in less then a week. ok ok, i understand they might not do this just anywhere in the states, we live 20 miles from roseau where polaris is located. but if they will do all that around here, i'm sure they could get your dealer, or another one close by to help you out. good luck.

Celebrate Your Indepence With A Rocket...Ride Polaris

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
hey guys, i was just teasin a little when i said buy arctic-cat, i know they do it too, and dealers want every penny they can from u, they can be assholes alright, ive had problems w/ mine too, and they try to get everything they can.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Just thought that i would let everyone know for sure that the new Pro X 440's do have a fuel grade selector switch. I was even lookin in my latest edition of "American Snowmobilier" and in the features section it lists "fuel grade selector switch" So tell your dealer to get his head in the game or get out of the business.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
ok, heres another one for you, and you "artic cat loyal" should read this one, this problem isnt just polaris, and even the slightest bit of humor at steve's post was not wanted by steve. i have two friends that snow checked their artic cat zr 600 efi "cross-country" editions sleds, while everyone else in the free world is getting teir artics, here they sit, and sit, and sit, for the last 3 months they have gotten no answers from their dealer, and they ordered their sleds last year in march. well their dealer finally calls them back, after several phone calls to the dealer, he has no clue why they have not gotten the sleds in, but finally decides to call thief river falls to find out. turns out, artic cat didnt make enough of these "cross-country's" well the dealer takes a semi up to thief river and demands these "missing" sleds, and we picked their sleds up thursday. Moral of the story: doesnt matter what you ride, alot of times your gonna take it in the shorts, and be pissed, but in the end it doesnt matter, cause you will eventually get results after you get mad and chew on the dealer awhile.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
That is one [email protected]@y story man, the local Polaris dealer here in town is kind of the same way from what I hear. So when I decided to get a 02' XC 600 SP, I drove 75 miles to a town of about 2000 people. There dealer's shop there is so small, no show room but they sell more sleds every year than all the big wigs in our semi-big town. Why you ask? Customer service! it goes a long way, plus I saved about $1300.00 going there!!

·
Administrator
13,091 Posts

Maybe was a joke, but when something as $hitty as what happened to Steve happens, we don't need dumbass comments like this. I don't want to see it again.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Steve man I have to say I would be flipping at them and hitting a different dealer. Especially when they tell me a component I know the sled comes with is an option. I learned my temperment from my dad(which is not a good thing) and believe me he or i would in there extremely pissed off.

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
sorry guys bout my comment, i was in a hurry posting that and was planning on puttin more down then what i did. i know its not the polaris, arcticcat, skidoo or yamaha, we all got dumbass dealers around, and they all have a equal chance of having problems when u get em new.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Wow that's BS! You drop your're hard earned cash and the dealership sticks it to ya. I think a complaint with the local branch of the 'Better Business Bureau' is in order. You buy their product, they take it back to repair it and they return it with less features than you bought it with, then they deny it had that feature. Other sledders in your area should be made aware of a business that holds such high morals.
If I were you I find a different dealer to correct the things that are not right on your sled including the missing fuel switch and as stated earlier contact Polaris and let them know how badly they are being represented by this dealership.

RtkatZL8

1 - 20 of 42 Posts