Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Don't quite understand what's goin on with my sled. Really has me stumped[V] Rode it 3 weeks ago and it worked great not a prob and kicked ass with it, loaded it on my trailer and gettin ready to put it away. Prob is that we've been gettin snow 7 days in a row and wanted to go for a ride but when I pulled tyhe handle it froze. Nearly jerked my arm outta socket. Thought maybe it's seized but the track doesn't turn either????? Is it possible that the lower end is full of fuel and won't allow the pistons to move? Any help would be much appreciasted as always. Thanks in advance Mark[:D] P.S. It's a 1999 XC 600. Are there drain plugs in the front of the block below the exhaust? Tks again Mark

·
Registered
892 Posts
My first thought would be something wrong with the belt since this is the only thing that links the engine to your track, maybe a clutch is stuck. If not that then you have two problems.

·
Registered
331 Posts
my first impression is that possibly the clutch is stuck if the track won't turn either....I would check to see if the belt can turn on the clitch with minimal tension....as far as the possibility of the carbs needles being open and allowing fuel to flow into the crankcase, that is something I am not sure about, although I have had that happen on my riding lawn mower, and had to drain all the oil out of the crank before running....I guess it would be kind of the same thing.....and easy enough to check.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
try putting teh track in hte air and pull it(take the cover off ur belt too) i have the same problem with my prowler
pulls like a b*tch, but once it warms up, its alright

·
Registered
975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry people I posted this topic twice. Just add booze. Me bad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts