Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[red]UPDATE:
Well our friends went back to get the sled as the area had froze over good. But the sled was gone. Someone had beat them to it. I am asking for you guys that might be on several forums to keep your eyes peeled for ZRT 800 parts. The sled was stuck in Kalkaska, MI which is just between Traverse City and Grayling. Please keep your eyes peeled and hopefully we can catch who took it. (But I'm not holding my breath)

I put some more pics of it below... Thanks guys

Well as it turns out someone had it and turned it in to the ORV Officers. We went up and got it last weekend. It cost my buddy $250 in towing cost to get it out. Yikes! But at least we got it back home now.[/size=3][/red]

Though you all might get a good chuckle.....even though its quiet tragic

My friend learned the hard way why not to ride through a unfrozen swamp. Luckily we did manage to winch it out using the power pole but we were unable to get it across because it wouldn't run and there were no safe spots to tow it across. We had to leave it there and head for home. Looks like another 6 hour drive to pick it up when the swamp freezes.

[attachment=58194]

[attachment=58196]

[attachment=37428]

[attachment=37427]

[attachment=37426]

[attachment=37429]

Attachments

·
Registered
613 Posts
That sucks. Live and learn.

Raceman1

·
Registered
279 Posts
Those pics bring back bad memories I was almost in the same spot this weekend riding the off of the cloquet river in duluth, luckily I made it out.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Can I ask where that was at?
When I was up in Seney two weekends ago i know a trail was closed b/c it was a swamp?
Just wondering if it was the same place?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
that sucks

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I hope there isn't too much water in the block because if it freezes that sled is pretty much f*&@!$

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Holy cow man, that is going to be a [email protected]#$ to clean out. I feel real sorry for that guy.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
We've got a section of swamp that doesn't totally freeze. I learned last year there are a few spots you must pin it to make it.[:D]

·
Registered
448 Posts
^^^ Agreed, lol

Cats dont like Water, and ZeRT'S have a problem swimming.

Buddy of mine had the same issue with his before, not quite as bad, got stuck half in and half out, on a bank to a pond.

~Sledheadx69

·
Registered
831 Posts
I think that I would want to get it home in a warm shelter.

With all that water, lots of stuff can freeze, crack and break.

If you left it overnight already, it might be too late.

Best of Luck!

Bulldog

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah it sucks we had to leave it there because there is no way to get it out. The further down the swamp the worse it gets. We have to wait until it freezes to tow it out. We did get it running for a little bit but then it just died (no spark). Coolant was leaking out the #3 cylinder head. I'm thinking some water got in the engine and when he tried to start it the compression blew out the gasket. It sucks to have to just leave it there. Luckily there are some guys we met up there that said they would pull it out for us when the ground got hard. It's supposed to stay below 20 all week so hopefully there is a good chance to get it out by the end of the week. I am just crossing my fingers that the water inside the motor doesn't total it. Just sucks when all you can do is sit back and wait.

·
Registered
109 Posts
More sad than funny. Hopefully someone doesn't steal it while it sits out there all alone. Had that happen to a guy I know with his little 4X4. Got it stuck, left it for a day, went back only to find it gone. someone else winched it out.[V]

1 - 20 of 38 Posts