Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont get it, guys out riding when the trails are closed. They are closed for a reason, lack of snow, warm weather, what ever it is. I hope these asses get caught. The only thing to come out of this is getting the land owners pissed, and wear and tear on your sled. I just dont get it.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
the funny thing is, people ride when their closed, and then the guy complains to his buddies about how his sled is muddy, and now he has to take the skid out to fix something..

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Or his carbides did not last as long as "last year" or that he got ski damage...

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See guys stopped at the gas station in town, on their sleds. I told them that the trails were closed, and they have been closed since the 18th. The reply I got was "So?" Awesome. Thanks for f'in it up for everyone else.

·
Registered
277 Posts
nowwhatbroke said:
See guys stopped at the gas station in town, on their sleds. I told them that the trails were closed, and they have been closed since the 18th. The reply I got was "So?" Awesome. Thanks for f'in it up for everyone else.
Guys like this need to be reported. What a nice attitude.

·
Registered
15,722 Posts
People ride cause they can. They are usually non club memebr who don't see the butt kissing and false promise's we give the land owner. But they are the first to bitch when their favorite trail gets moved or closed.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Our club trail runs parallel to a subdivision, there is a hillside with various size evergreens. We mark it clearly with arrows and signs, yet some a--holes are riding all over it pissing off the landowner. We put up an orange snowfence, they blasted right through it. Same caliber of snowmobiler. Mark

·
Registered
92 Posts
When the trails are closed I take my sleds to the state park. Which is always open during snowmobile season. I find people riding their sleds around town all the time complaining there is not enough snow to ride. If there is not enough snow to ride the trail how do they figure the plowed streets have enough snow?????? Even after getting registrations and reporting them nothing happens. Some people out there have the mentality that if there is snow they can ride anytime and anywhere they want. And when they screw up and get the trails closed they are the first to complain there is no place to ride. Get a clue people!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Lots of trails get closed around here and need to be rerouted from idiots like that. The owners get pissed and say, no trail on my land this year! Like said, it makes you wonder why all the guys riding when the trails are closed get pissed since its not there the next year. Idiots!

·
Registered
863 Posts
some people don't think about the other people's perspective. (landowners..) and figure, they pay $200 a year to ride them so they think the have a right to ride them when ever they want!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
We have 2 and half acre of land in the backyard and we ride our sled there if the trails are closed.

My wife didnt buy the snowmobile trail this year so we rode her snowmobile (since i do not have my own) in our field.Soon we're gonna put her sled to bed for the season.

People who rides on closed trail should have their ass kicked.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i feel all of you. i went riding today here in MN and the trails are not closed but we might as well have been doing grass drags. instead of damaging sleds and peoples property we turned around after about three miles and put them back in the trailer. we told other people in the hinckley area that there was no snow but they all just said whatever and tok off...oh welll not my problem if they F**k thier $hit up

·
Registered
171 Posts
We actually have really good trails here in my area. Put on 135 miles last saturday and 115 today. What really PISSES me off or I should say what I don't understand is why people can't follow the trail? Everybody cuts corners short or takes short cuts and doesn't follow the groomed trail. WHY???? Is the point of snowmobiling not to ride??? Alot of our trails have signs on them saying stay on trail or we will loose it! WTF is wrong with these dumbass people. If your out to go riding why are you cutting corners short and taking short cuts? Are you not robbing yourself of miles and robbing the rest of us of a trail when its takin away? There are no reasons why in a wide open feild that a corner needs to look like a damn 6 lane highway!!! Sorry for blowin up, was on my mind when I was riding earlier.

Have a good day everybody!!!! [:)]

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
When trails are closed and you have their registration #s, report them for trespass at the very least.
The clubs do have the authority to do this as a part of their landowner agreements.
It makes them a defacto owner for the season that the trails would normally be open.
So, take a more pro-active stance when this happens.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts