Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because it doesn't suck that well!!

Merry Christmas guys and gals.

I am driving back to Bethel Alaska on the Kuskokwim River. Frozen optically flat, with a nice layer of 4-8 inches of powder on it. My engine just purring beautifully and....bllllllluuuuuaaahhhhhhh. It spools down to a stop. CRAP!! At least I am within sight of town.

So I check the gas; 1/4 tank left. Pulled the plugs, look good, no holes in the tops of the pistons. Temp on the engine was 120* F. plenty of cooling snow. So I put 5 gallons of gas into the tank and.....VRRROOOMMMMM!!!

So I learned something. And now I need to figure out where to put the stupid thing after I did all that work making up a mount to put it on the airbox.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Carefull...whole lot of nothing out there in Bethel.

So how much snow do you guys have? Hopefully it's more than we got. We only have about 6"[V]

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Because it doesn't suck that well!!

Merry Christmas guys and gals.

I am driving back to Bethel Alaska on the Kuskokwim River.

Just kidding Kuskokid.. wanted to rub your face in it.. lots of snow here and enjoying it.. j/k enjoy the holidays...Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year man... lol

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
it shouldnt be the pumps problem. wouldnt the pick up tube in the tank be the culprit?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Its not the pump! On firecats the fuel pump is mounted on the top right side of the bulkhead and no problems here! And when i race i try to keep as little fuel as possible to keep the weight down.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, then it must be the pickup tube is not lieing flat on the bottom of the tank.

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
If you have too much line from the diaphram to the crankcase it sometimes won't get a strong enough pulse signal to run it properly also.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ripperd, good point. I noticed when the motor has been running for awhile, the fuel line I used for the pulse line gets pretty soft and flexible. I think I will change it out for some polyurethane.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
for the most part they dont use fuel line for pulse line. they use a heavy rubber line. more like a gas line for a car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts