Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'99 Polaris 500 classic. Took it apart and needle and seat looked fine. Keeps flooding and ruining new plugs. Can't even start it at all. This happened suddenly after it running fine.

Please help. Very frustrated and want to get trail time with son. He itching and begging to get out there.

·
Registered
506 Posts
check your float heights

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check your fuel pump too.Pull the hose off at the crankcase and pull about 5 inch pounds with a mighty vac,it should hold indefinetly.You can do the same with the carb inlet to check the needles too(but the float bowls have to be full or it wont work.).

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah what Junior said. Make sure that your float isn't stuck open...

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm not sure that you can tell if your needle n seats are still "good" or not. Mine were definately leaking, fuel was running right out of the carbs unless I shut the fuel valve off.

When I took them out they LOOKED fine. But I replaced them with new needle n seats and my problem ended. No more excess fuel dumping into carb and no more flooding.

So my point is they may look fine, but if they're four or so yrs old, chances are they're leaking and need to be replaced.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the only true way to check the needle and seats is with a vac gage and the needle and seat are fairly cheap so just replace them and see if it works

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just replace your needles and seats or else vac gauges are only about 50 buck in dennis kirk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts