Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I try to start my 1980 yamaha enticer gas shoots out of my cylanders. i cant get the darn thing to start. i reciently cleaned the carb and took of the heads so i could clean the carbon deposits in my cylanders, is there something i didn't put back together right? need some help don't know what the deal is

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by out of the cylinder's if your pulling it over without spark plugs and its pewing gas I would say either you float is not seating on the carb maybe put in backwards or the fuel pump diapram is leaking into the vaccuum port and filling the cylinder head.. These are the only two reasons I can thing of beside just being majorly flooded from the choke being on too long

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
also if you didnt replace the head gaskets when you put them back on, it could cause gas to shoot out of the head.i would also check the carb again as it may have not been put back together correctly.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Plugs in or out? If it is coming out at the heads, it's gaskets. Did you replace them when you reinstalled the heads? You have to. Do you have compression?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gas is shooting out of where my exhaust manifold hooks onto the cyl's. I did replace the head gaskets.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Originally posted by scuba_010
[br]The gas is shooting out of where my exhaust manifold hooks onto the cyl's. I did replace the head gaskets.
crankcase flooded;

needle and seats have to be change or-and the floats need to be adjust in the carb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts