Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might seem like a dumb question but i am a newbie to snowmobiling. I just got back from 2 day trip to mountains. First day -26C, sled startin no prob. Sometime that day i broke off choke switch. Next morning i almost cant even pull out rope, ended up takin off belt to get it runnin, after it warmed up all was good, but same thing again next day. Was even warmer after -20C, sled been outside for a couple weeks. Is somethin freezin in startin mechanism or do i have engine problems? Worked great first day, problems stared 2nd day. please give me some answers

02 800RMK

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
02 800s were notoriously hard to pull, nieghbor has an rmk, he finally broke down and got electic start

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but to the point of almost not being able to pull out, rope barely pulls out

·
Registered
700 Posts
pull the recoil cover off and check it out. Its very easy. The spring and rope are assembled and held on with a nut to the cover. My guess is perhaps your rope got buggered up in there. Just take 10 min and take a look to make sure all is well. Plus you can take a look at the water pump belt while your in there which is often neglected.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
any other ideas?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
ibreakstuff is on to something here....If it started easier with the belt off the belt is too tight, clutches misaligned, clutch stuck on the belt, definetly worth checking that area out too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts