Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone happen to know about the specs for a 1989 wildcat stator i checked with my multi meeter (not the best)and i got

black/white--black/red = 163
black/white---red/white= 43
red/white-black red= 120
i do not think those are up to specs but i would like to know. it is a 3 plug plug from the stator to cdi.
and i checked the coil black /white--white/blue in the 200 setting i got 0.8

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and when i have the plugs out and on the heads i have to pull hard so it sparks (not strong but visible) if i pull slower it does not spark. could that be a sign of bad stator also?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
correction

black/white--black/red = 163
black/white---red/white= 120
red/white-black red= 43

i found red/white and black/white should be 127.5 ohms + - 20%. Black/red and red/white 46.5 ohms + - 20%. The res. for the coil is white/blue and black/white 0.30 ohms + - 15%also check between both plug wires, 6300 ohms + - 20%.

so will the difference between my specs and the ones i found make it possible for it to not run at all?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok so i now know its low spark, the cylender's have low psi but the higher one should at least give a sing of life or something, but wen i put plugs in the holes but i put 2 good ones in the caps and rest them on the head and pull over the engine there seems to be a miss in the spark sometimes, would that be the coil or cdi or should i go straight to the stator witch is in 5 of specs.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i know i have 40 and 80 psi could that be why it wont even run a lil bit with the spark i have? cuz it has lil spark but i put gas in cylender and put plugs in nothign happens and they come out wet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts