Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am New to this snowmobile tuning. I am good with carbs, I just need the proper guidinse that is needed to learn how they work.
First thing is first, I own a 1990 Wildcat 650. I bought it from a farmer that has about a million sleds on his yard.[thumb] I got it for $600 bucks and was told it has two new pistons and runs good. I have put about another $600 into it, plugs/gas hose/switches/carb boots/motor bumpers, anything i could see that needed replaced.
I just got it running and seems to run really good but idles at 3000-3500RPM. How do i turn the idle down on this thing? I do not want to turn something i should not. Plus I am a bit worried about the two carbs going out of sink from each other, they should be adjusted the same as the other correct?
I got the repair manual from Arctic Cat but hard to follow. I need to know what scew adjustment is what and where it is on the carb.
My second problem is the drive belt is to tight. I asume this will require a engine alignment? or maybe the secondary needs to be set, i read about putting washers to allow the secondary to open a bit more? I have tried to loosen the engine float plate bolts and move the engine back a bit but the back engine bumper will not alow it to. other than that it should be ok to at least go see if this old sled will perform like it should. I would love for some help before i go spend good cash to get this thing tuned up and ready. I like to do things myself so i can do it again if needed.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Belt should be loose enough to idle without creeping.
If you need more deflection, you get it by moving the spacers in the secondary.
Use the idle stop screws to adjust idle down to 1800 rpm.

·
Registered
844 Posts
check here
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/113139/display.aspx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts