Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Wildcat 700 efi mc (345cm track) and it has too high rpm(8600-8700). It has a new chip installed (+10 hp?)and a new track that is lighter than the old stock one. the previous owner said that the chaincase is geared down to 20T upper and 39T lower,unfortunately i can not check this. The primary cam arm is original (part no.0646-117)the spring is red. The secondary has a yellow spring. The engine and cluthes are rebuildt and in good working order,and my top speed is 95mph. my goal is 100 mph top speed and good acceleration. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
put a little more weight on the primary, should bring down your R's a little, top speed will depend on where your peak power curve is, if it's before 8600 then your top end will increase..

-Dean

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think my rpm should be 8000-8200 how big weights should i use?. My sled starts to move forward at 3600 rpm what should i do to make go forward at 4000 rpm(change the primary spring?) Thanks!

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
yup, change the primary spring to a bit stiffer one, especially if your going with heavier weights. This is about the extent of my clutching knowlege, so hopefully Madcow will step in, and fill in the gaps. He knows alot about clutching.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Madcow are you there? i hear you are the man with clutches!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Zack! il try that.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
More suggestions?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts