Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1990 wildcat 650 has no spark and so far i'm not sure if it is the cdi or coil. I pulled it off the trailer, fired it up for a few minutes and let it idle and then it died. I took it in the shop and I figured it might be just wet from sitting so i heated up the cdi, coil and voltage regulator to dry any moisture. I tried to start it again but i flooded it so i let it dry out over night, the next day I got it to start let it run a while but it wouldnt open up over 1/4 throttle unless the track is off the ground but it died once again and i have no spark what so ever. carbs have been cleaned and it has new plugs but there is still no spark. sorry for the long post Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
there is a sensor in the throttle, and it can tell if the throttle lever is being pressed or not. if there is any slack, like the cable has some slack so the lever doesnt close all the way.. the sensor wont be hit, and will cut out the spark.. and the thing about not running unless track is off the ground sounds like maybe you got her flooded real bad.. try the sensor thing first.. you might get away with unpluging the thing, or just try making sure that the throttle is all the way off, so the sensor will be hit. its basically so you sled wont start with the throttle stuck or somthing..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts