Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 Polaris xc 800 ves motor complete with clutches, carbs, pipe all electrical etc. This was an autopac right off. I have a 92 Indy 500 Chassis and want to make an Insane Sled. I ordered 2001 RMK motor mounts that fit Gen II chassis as the Edge motor mounts only fit Edge Chassis. Will this bolt in my Indy? Will the Pipe fit under the hood? Am I wasting my time? Is this possible? What else do I need to consider?

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
It is possible, but it will not bolt right in as the XC engine is a US built Polaris twin, and the Indy is a Fuji engine. The motor mounts are way different. But, you can talk to erick, as his sled has a XC 700 US built twin in a chassis that used to house a Fuji triple. They rigged it up, and from the pictures I've seen, it works great.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
no, the bulkhead changed in 1997 on the Indy chassis, but only on the XCR 440 SP.

The Indy chassis with the tipped in trailing arms have the same bulkhead as the Gen II sleds.

Although I think the Gen II without tipped in trailing arms is the same as the old indy style chassis.

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I love B&M Coasters!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, the girlfriend drives a 2001 classic 500 in the Gen 11, and all the motor mounts, bulkhead etc are identical to my 1992 Indy. Of course this is for the 2001 500 classic and not the 2002 Edge xc 800. Well, I guess I`ll have to give it a try, and if all else fails, I`ll be shopping for a newer sled with a blown motor. I know a guy who dropped a 2002 edge 800 motor into his 2001 Gen11 700 RMK chassis. All he did was buy motor mounts for 2001 Gen11 RMK 800. It all fit like a dream. I also compared my buddy`s 1999 xc 700 motor mounts/bulkhead and it too would drop in. The only chalange I know for sure I`ll have is the Pipe. I will have to cut and re weld the y pipe so the exaust can fit under the old hood.

·
Registered
671 Posts
my friend put and 800 xc engine in his wedge sled. they had to make their own mortor mount, but the engine fits. u might also have to have a differtn air box. i don';t know if the pipe will fit because they made their own pipes for it. but other thatn that eveybody who puls up thinkin its a 440, ready to race him, and they get there ass kicked

Ride Polaris!

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
You should be all set as long as you have the correct motor mounts and plate. I would imagine that it will bolt right in without a problem, but PLEASE keep us posted about your progress. I for one am paying close attention. I'm still thinking that i would like to put the XCR 800 motor in my sled......but i dont wanna take out a perfectly good engine with only 700 miles on it.

Polaris is my way out - Other people just use a door.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be taking out the camera and posting pics ASAP on my progress. As for the air filter I will be using K&N high performance filters. check them out at http://www.knpowersports.com/docs/snowmobile_filters.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts