Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a gen two wrap around tailight seat/tanl fit a wedge? I really like the look of the wrap around tail light, but am not sure if the front of the tank will clear the hoop for the steering. Did a wedge or aggresive ever come with a wrap around taillight?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Heres my dads 98xc700 with a Gen II seat and gas tank.
2008111175355124_19621.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
gto0209 said:
Will a gen two wrap around tailight seat/tanl fit a wedge? I really like the look of the wrap around tail light, but am not sure if the front of the tank will clear the hoop for the steering. Did a wedge or aggresive ever come with a wrap around taillight?
my 98 XC 700 came from the factory with a wrap around tail light

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Gen II and wedge chassis are essentially the same. I went from a sport/racer seat to a wrap around on a 98 wedge, but had to weld a small bracket on top of the steering hoop that holds the tank tight to the tunnel.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Come to think of it that seat would have fit perfectly but on his sled the mount for the oil tank was in the way.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I'm sure it would be easy to do, as others have said. I put a EDGE seat on my '91 wedge.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have seen the wedge seat done, and I have one that I bought for 15 bucks, But I like the looks of the wrap around tailight.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts