Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im really thinking about that 95 Indy 500; I put a pic of it in my gallery: the black one, But I was wondering if it will have a whole lot more power than my indy 400? I know its only 100 cc difference, and only 5 years newer--does it have a fuji? not sure when polaris went to the liberty. But It does have the longer track, 2 in. paddle I belive, and its so clean! Can you guys help me out? Thanks alot!! p.s its only 875 and close to home

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya thats what I relly want to do empire, Like 00-05, but for 875 I just wondered if it would be worth it. Gotta lotta room to store around here. Just dont want so
mething that I already have (400) thats why Id like to know a little more about em

·
Registered
443 Posts
dirtydan said:
Im really thinking about that 95 Indy 500; I put a pic of it in my gallery: the black one, But I was wondering if it will have a whole lot more power than my indy 400? I know its only 100 cc difference, and only 5 years newer--does it have a fuji? not sure when polaris went to the liberty. But It does have the longer track, 2 in. paddle I belive, and its so clean! Can you guys help me out? Thanks alot!! p.s its only 875 and close to home
Those are good sleds. Even when they are beat to hell (like my dad's friends) and ya they have some power.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Good sled, $875 isn't a spectacular deal, but it's not a bad one either. It looks clean and has some nice upgrades (plastic skis, 133" extensions, cobra windshield) BUT, there's no way in hell there is a 2 inch paddle track under it. 1.25 inch at the most. The thing is people often measure the lug height as the TOTAL height of the track- but that includes the quarter-inch thickness that isn't pushing any snow, so that's pretty much cheating in an attempt to make it seem like they have taller lugs

·
Registered
443 Posts
But the sled looks nice i would buy it, offer me less. Even if that track is 1 inch paddles it would be fine.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh good call polaris parts, now I look at it yeah, no way a 2 in. 875 not that great crap I thought it was super. Maybe I will pass--hey would it pull the skis up? I know my 400 wont, unless I hit a little mogul first

·
Registered
443 Posts
I don't know about pulling up the skis there not to fast from the right away but they will speed up down a flat trail. Well maybe alittle.

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
stock Indy 500 won't pull the skis up. I've had lots of them ranging from 1996-1998, all evolved chassis like that one. But!-- with proper clutching and suspension set up, the skis can be lifted on most all sleds. Unfortunately, when you tune the suspension for ski lift, it makes the sled ride like a turd

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
what about a xlt for 550

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
What year? Does it run? What condition is it in (need to know beyond if it's in "good" condition- that's an opinion. I'm looking for facts- any cracks in hood/tears in seat?) mileage? be more specific!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts