Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my dad is considering buying a black 2001 or 2002 MXZ ZX with the motor out of it ( it would probably be a 700 ), but, a 700 isn't enough power for him. Would a Mach Z 1000 motor bolt into that sled?

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
not worth it, last time I saw ( ronnies site I think. ) 995 SDI motor costing around 5 grand give or take, so I would pass it up unless you can get a great deal on a used 995 SDI motor and alot of knowledge / patience to do this kind of project.

EDIT: [:0] HOLYCRAP! just went to ronnies site to double check it and its more then I had previously thought.

ENGINE Assembly
Ref # Description Req Note Price/Each Order Qty
1 Engine 995 SDI Rer 1 $5,518.97

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
it will not bolt right in, but you could get it in
I would buy a 800 HO I think they are a better engine then the poor 1000

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by TeamNFG
[br]it will not bolt right in, but you could get it in
I would buy a 800 HO I think they are a better engine then the poor 1000
Well, my dad likes just straight up HP. That's why he hasn't sold his t-cat mods yet and gotten a fusion.. He likes speed, nothing else. LOL!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I would take a 1000 on any day with a 800, mountian riding anyway don't know about the drags

·
Registered
6,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by TeamNFG
[br]I would take a 1000 on any day with a 800, mountian riding anyway don't know about the drags
yeah. LOL! Mountains, deffinitly. His current t-cat is built for 2 reasons, trail, and his favorite, lake racing. It's funny watching like, 2 800's or something racing, and then you watch them go by, then you see my dad pass them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts