Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my xlt just got wreaked and the only thing good on it now is the motor.(RIP XLT you will be missed) i put 1500 into the motor, i sent it to slp. im hoping to find a liquid cooled sled withe a blown motor, i got my eyes on a indy 400 and i need to know if the mounts are the same or if any sled other then a xlt/xcr that it will bolt in. the only reason i was wondering because i want to make a sleeper
thanks,
Justin

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
you shouldnt have too many problems mounting your xlt motor into a 400. i dont know the exact details on how to do it but someone on this forum does

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Indy 400's should be L/C sleds so that shouldnt be a problem. You'll need to workout something for the straps though, the 400's used a solid plate and had strange mounting points. Any more questions just ask, I've done enough work on my own '86 IndyX. (See below)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do any of the L/C twins use the same mounts as the xlt?

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
to my knowledge the twin bulkheads are entirely different then a triple. anything is possible just involve alot of work. if youre looking to do a sleeper, why not use a triple chassis, with a 400 or 500 hood. the hood will go right on any chassis.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
could see if you could find a 01 or 02 440 race chassis and drop into that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts