Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An aftermaket Pipe made For an XLT SP will fit on my XLT LTD??? I mean, can i scrap the engine???

·
Administrator
13,092 Posts
??

Scrap the engine? What do you mean?

http://www.bolliger-mabillard.com

I Love B&M Coasters.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Im not an expert, and i saw on Dealer that they usually made pipe for XLT SP and XLT Standard. i have an opportunitie to buy one from a guy who own an XLT SP. If i put this on my sled, can i cause damage or it will only don'T give me the power cuz is adjusted for the
XLT SP and not the Standard????

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI Erick. ITs a PSI Pipe. First, i will see the pipe just tonight and i dunno about the exact model. I just call the guy and have quick conversation with him. he said he buy this pipe for his XLT SP 95 but this pipe didnt fit in his hood. He said to me that this is made for XLT and XCR and this pipe will probably fit in my hood cuz i have the gen II chassis and he is bigger than the old. Well i will see tonight but my fear was about the engine. (sorry again about my english..)

Edited by - fortress on 25 Feb 2002 08:36:32

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I'm sure you know this already but even if the pipe does fit, make sure to re-jet your carbs too.

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The guy said that i can put this pipe on a Stock Sled. SHould rejet anyway??? if i dont waht will happen???

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yikes!
Hopefully someone else here can confirm this for you, but If your putting triple pipes on to your stock three into one....I'd definately think you'd have to re-jet. I mean those triple pipes are going to allow that engine to "breath" a lot more (more airflow = more hp). To compensate for that increased air flow, you need more fuel (larger jet size). Get ahold of PSI and tell them what you've got for a sled, and what your putting on for pipes. They should be able to let you know what you need to do for re-jetting. Check em out at:
www.psiperformance.com

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
im no expert when it comes to this sort of thing, i understand where you are comming from tfin, but shouldnt you also re clutch to compensate for the added hp??? i have a friend with a 95 xlt sks, his is piped-jetted-and clutched. shouldnt you also change some springs in the clutchs??? i am just wondering, cause i want to explore this more for my own sled-93 xlt sp 580- thanks

1993 xlt sp 580
xtra 10 suspension

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Yes, your right xltman, thanks for catching that. I got stuck on just thinking about the jetting issue. But you would want to re-clutch as well (springs, etc.). It would be a shame to not be able to deliver all that new hp from the pipe to to snow!

1997 XLT SP 600

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Originally posted by Tfin70:

Yikes!
Hopefully someone else here can confirm this for you, but If your putting triple pipes on to your stock three into one....I'd definately think you'd have to re-jet. I mean those triple pipes are going to allow that engine to "breath" a lot more (more airflow = more hp). To compensate for that increased air flow, you need more fuel (larger jet size). Get ahold of PSI and tell them what you've got for a sled, and what your putting on for pipes. They should be able to let you know what you need to do for re-jetting. Check em out at:
www.psiperformance.com

1997 XLT SP 600[/quote]

Isn't it just a single pipe? Not triples? I don't think you have to adjust much, or anything at all if it a single pipe. I would maybe just up the jet size a little bit.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just FYI, I have two '94 XLTs and one with SLP the other PSI. They definitely fit. Yes that should require rejetting as the less restricted pipe will lean your current carb settings(assuming you weren't running rich before the switch).

I'm sorry I can't help you with my jet setting since I am jetted for Altitudes from 6,000 ft and higher but I'm sure I'm running 160's in my sleds with needle in the middle. I DO NOT recommend those settings for yours as a lower altitude will result in a lean condition the lower you go.

-----------------------------
I think.... therefore I sled
-----------------------------
Two '94 Indy XLT SKS

·
Registered
11,943 Posts
I thought it was a singe pipe for some reason. Well, in that case, I don't really know. You will have to rejet it for sure. Ask the guy who you are getting the pipe from what size jets he is using for the sled he had them on. If he doesn't know, I would go to a dealer unless someone here can answer you.

Vote for Snowmobile Fanatics.com

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
you htought it was a single pipe because he keeps saying pipe instead of pipes. even when he said triple he said pipe not pipes.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oops sorry guys, remember im french speaking :)) Need to learn more.

Finally the pipeS didnt Fit cuz they were made for XLT with XTRA-10. With XTRAA-12, the hood didnt close. Frustrating cuz the price is 150$$$$ ..:((((((

Edited by - fortress on 25 Feb 2002 20:18:28

1 - 17 of 17 Posts