Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I looked out at my sled today after I got back from my girfriend's house, and noticed that my right front shcok was going down. Its down maybe an inch or 2 from stock position, will I be ok to get to my girlfriends and back, it takes only 10 minutes to get ther doing about 70. Do you guys think i could make it there and back, but not do 70?

THnaks, Ryan

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
What do you mean by "shock going down"? Do you have fox float shocks? The only thing that could let the front end sag is a weak or broken spring, frozen or bent suspension parts or a shock that has become contaminated with water, and has frozen in a compressed state.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't plan on riding hard, ill only be riding for 5 - 10 minutes anyways to her house. butcher_boy what i mean is that the shock is compressing, I don't have fox shocks, just the stock hydraulic ones that come on the sled originally. The spring isn't broken, just the shock is compressing thats all.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Originally posted by Bigdog10110
[br]I don't plan on riding hard, ill only be riding for 5 - 10 minutes anyways to her house. butcher_boy what i mean is that the shock is compressing, I don't have fox shocks, just the stock hydraulic ones that come on the sled originally. The spring isn't broken, just the shock is compressing thats all.
Butcher boy is saying is that for the suspension to sag the spring has to compress. That is not going to happen just from the shock being bad. A bad shock will not pull the sled down, thus compressing the spring and letting it sag. The shock is just there to absorb shock (hence the name) while riding. The spring is what is responsible for your ride height.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts