Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just bought a MBRP Race Can and a 2001 ZR 800 Stock pipe. Right now I have a Black Magic pipe and can on my 2001 ZR 800. So, when I put on my MBRP Race Can and my stock pipe will I have to re-jet?

·
Super Moderator
11,650 Posts
Odds are it's jetted for the BM pipe, so I'm fairly certain you should be rejetting to more 'stock' specifications. What to jet to, I couldn't tell ya...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Sleds-650
[br]Yes, did you re-jet when you put the Black Magic on?
I bought the sled with the Black Magic pipe. So I don't know if the guy re-jetted or not.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Originally posted by ArcticCat1
[br]Well, I just bought a MBRP Race Can and a 2001 ZR 800 Stock pipe. Right now I have a Black Magic pipe and can on my 2001 ZR 800. So, when I put on my MBRP Race Can and my stock pipe will I have to re-jet?
If you already have a black majic pipe on it, why would you ever want to go back to stock[?][:(] If you are planning on going to an MBRP its obviously not a noise issue, so Im baffled.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
If you really want to go back to the stock pipe, just return to stock jetting and you should be fine with the MBRP. Cans alone usually require no jetting changes.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am going to the stock pipe with the MBRP Race Can so it can be loud! Plus our mechanic that we go to said, that these people that put these pipes and cans on are not really gaining enough power to notice. So, I decided just to take off the Black Magic Pipe and can and put on the MBRP Race Can and the stock pipe so I can have it loud.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by PolarisRocks0822
[br]Ok I understand now so what do u have to do jet? Or do u keep it where it is set right now?
Thats what I am wondering.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
find the stock settings for mains, pilots, air screws, and needles. If you dont know what that means, you should probably have somebody show you or so it for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts