Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '98 Indy Ultra, and this winter I ripped the track apart on it. So after looking over a lot of track profiles, and look mainly at the prices, I've settled on one. A Camoplast Challenger with 1" lugs, and after inspecting the inderneath of my sled, and getting a semi-measurement I'm not sure if it will fit. It comes stock with a 5/8" track so I'm not sure if it'll clear the tunnel and the heat exchange protectors. Any Help? Thanks.

·
Registered
4,617 Posts
Sorry I can't help, but I think a few guys on here have a couple Ultras. I am sure they can help you out. Welcome to TUSF.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've got a 96 Ultra SKS... Came with a 1" stock.. I've got a 2" on it now with 8 tooth drivers and no clearance problems what so ever. But.. You've got xtra 12 and I've got xtra 10 rear suspension so It might be different.

When you're measuring... I found the tightest spot to be between the bulkhead and the track where it goes around the drivers... Another thing you can do it cut a couple of spacers (out of wood dowel, pvc pipe... what ever) at say ", 1 1/4", 1 1/2".... Then you can just use those to measure off the flat part of the track where you think it's tight....I think it's easier than trying to get a tape measure all lined up and in a place where you can see the mumbers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts