Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can pick up a set of pipes that came of a Mach1, and was wondering if they would work on my sled. I have a 98 F3 700. Its the CK3 chassis and the pipes are from the same.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Yes sir! The mach 1 pipes will go right on, since it is basically the same engine. There was an article in Snow Tech a while back where they did just what you want to do. They put a set of mach 1 pipes on a FIII 700. I do belive they had to rejet and clutch the sucker, but it really woke the sled up. Do it! Theres no such thing as too much power! It doesnt matter how much power you have, you always want more!

'HAMMER DOWN !!'

·
Registered
322 Posts
My dad did something like that w/ his '99 F III 800...put Dyno Port Mach Z pipes and silencers on it. That thing was fast...bout 180-190 hp. He sold it though...and now he's regreting it. He might go get a Mach Z though...Spicer's (place up here) is selling this years for $5999 because not many people want triples. So I'm thinkin he might go and snag one.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, Thanks guys. I guess I will get the pipes then. How about the clutching, a starting point would be good. What ramps etc.
thanks again

·
Registered
322 Posts
I could find out the clutch set up my dad had on his F III 8, not sure you'd like it though if you don't like the skis being up a lot. It hooked up great...skis would be in the air 3 1/2 feet for a good 100 feet at least when he laid on it good. I'll try to find out what he did though. I know he changed the springs and I think weights and ramps too. Shouldn't be any different unless the clutches were different and I don't think they were.

I may be young, but I ain't dumb!!! (I might seem like it, but I'm not. Anyways I don't think so.)
The Sled I Ride
2002 MX Z 800 X Yellow/Black

1 - 5 of 5 Posts