Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a set of jugs and heads off of an indy trail 500. I am curious to know if they will fit onto my 1991 sport 440 fan? It also states that they have been bored out and trail ported, if I get these what octane will I have to run, and what are some other concerns? Everything is $185 plus shipping which is $22... is that a high price or not?

Thanks, Ryan

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
The parts should fit, price seems decent too. Verify with the online parts fiche if the part numbers ar the same.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He didnt give a parts number for the jugs themself, he just gave a part number for wiesco pistons. Where can i find the fich for the 488 fan engine... the polaris website correct?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok, well I found the numbers for my sport, and the 488... the serial number for the jugs on the sport are 3084269. the serial number for the jugs on the trail are 3083695. Will this swap work or not?

Ryan

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
Measure your cylinder studs CC and have the guy do the same. If the 440 has the same bottom end as the 488 it should work. Size of your crank and cases is the key.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Check if both motors use the same base gskt and have the same pistons pin. You should also change to the 488 fan jetting

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
www.partsland.com They have part numbers and prices on there back to 1996. It is the same diagram and part #'s polaris uses but with the addition of prices which Polaris won't offer you online. If you go directly to Polaris' website they only go back until 1998. Last time I checked anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts