Discussion Starter · #1 ·
found two diff. sets of pipes for sale
Indy 650 SLP Pipes
95 XLT Aaen triple pipes

I have a 93 XLT will either set fit.

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
my best guess would be that they would bolt on. but, you would have to have the sled put on a dyno since your engine is not what they are made for. you would need to find your hp at what rpms for clutching.

·
Registered
312 Posts
since there's about no difference in the engine size,, the only thing you need to watch for when placing pipes on ,, is the backpressure to the engine ,, and if there's barely any difference in compression with your 93 machine and either the 95xlt or 650SLP.
Shouldn't have a problem at all

·
Registered
569 Posts
My friend has a 580 XLT Motor with Indy 650 Triple PSI Pipes on it. It sounds nice but I am not too sure if it gives any horsepower or not. I would go with the pipes that are exact for your motor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XLTLimited could you maybe check and see if he gains any HP also what size jets did he run i think i am 0 - 5000FT I live in Mich.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 650 pipes won't work. But the xlt pipes should unless they are for a special not a regular. Then if you are up to about 6k' you would run 10mr weights with a polaris blue spring and around 160-170 jets for the mains. If you use an after market air box then 180-190. This should give you a good starting point. It all depends on your elevation.

Thanks Scott.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
The AAEN pipes will work. there is no big difference in the '95 Xlt-Xlt Special other than the Fox shocks, so that wouldn't matter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If i was to run those AAEN pipes,44-34 helix, EPI black primary spring,Polaris Blue secondary spring and I live in mich. which i beleive is 0-5000ft. what size main jets you guys think?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts