Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year at the end of the season I got a XTRA 10 as a bonus when I bought a motor. I only had a few rides with it installed and seemed to go good but still had some bottoming issues. The rear spring was set to the stiffest. It has Fox and it seems to function well. Today I was doing some pre-season cleaning and notice that the front shock rear skid spring was set low. So if I crank that sucker up on the shock body some with that do anything for me?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
That will make it stiffer forsure and could help you from bottoming out. Also, are the torsion springs set on high. That will also help the suspension from bottoming out.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the torsion spring are set as high as they can. It just seems that I was bottoming on even the smaller bumps...I guess I will have to crank the front shock spring up that or get some " Big Boy" Springs anyone know the part # and price for them?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
the fox shock may need to be rebuilt as well

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thats what i had feared...more money :)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
if its bottoming that bad, i would figure on a rebuild. no big deal. not that pricey. but that suspension should give a pretty nice ride. whats it in?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Originally posted by RED_XCR_440
[br]thats what i had feared...more money :)
Check around for sport shops that rebuild shocks. I found a shop here in buffalo,MN that only charged me $30 each for my wifes sled and thats front and rear suspensions (as long as you remove them first).

·
Registered
394 Posts
what about the guy on here that rebuilds shocks??? i sent them out and they were $25 a shock including shipping, havent got them back yet but service so far has been honest, i believe his name is SORTASTOCK. he is located in Brainerd MN

1 - 9 of 9 Posts