Snowmobile Fanatics banner

Will this fit a 98 700 xc?

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  98700xc 
Looks uncoupled to me...Look at the pic of the side with the purple wheel. You can see the front torque arm mount and also the lower rod where the rear shock mounts and they are separate - not coupled. The race X-10's were coupled with that doo-hickey from the shock to the torque arm right? The seller says it has HRP extensions and they look like 141's to me...not very big. I installed this skid in my '99 and am very happy with the ride and our trails suck!

Mounting points are different as the rear torque arm on the 136 is further back. This makes it so you have to relocate the rear holes and also use drop brackets, whick are stock on those sleds, because of where it ends up in relation to the running board. Keep searching for a different skid though as there are some parts missing from that one.

Thanks tnmemr...I like it for what it is. I would love a new sled(Pro chassis) but can't spend the money so I just dump money into the old gal! You will be happy with the edge swap I'm sure.

Petrey, if you want to do it the easier way, just get extensions and a track from Tracksusa. They will send you the whole shibang and you won't have to modify as much. Keep it to a 1.25" track and you should be ok. You may rub the coolers towards the front a bit. Other than that, if you want 136 rails, go for an edge rear and then you are into a full swap with relocating and all....how much do you want to do?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.