Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know what i can buy or something i can do to get a couple of scratches outa my windshield?

The Snowbelt starts in Camden!

T.C. Riders' scenic and superbly groomed trails are your

GATEWAY to the TUG HILL!

/snofan/../images/users/95INDYSPORT-NY/top2.gif

POLARIS--THE ONLY WAY OUT

·
Registered
287 Posts
What works the best for me (for small scratches, at least) is a good quality car wax. I kid you not. Apply and remove the same as you would on a car to both sides of the windshield. Makes a pretty darned good difference...

1998 Arctic Cat Cougar
1999 Arctic Cat Z 440
1995 Ski Doo Formula STX LT

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
Also: for those of us who crack or break parts off their windshield, i found that packaging tape (big clear stuff) works quite well to tape together broken pieces. And if you're really good at applying it with no bubbles, it's nearly invisible! Just make sure the windshield is good and dry before taping.

I don't always have $75 to blow on a new windshield, so i'll just tape it up until i do buy a new one. It held up quite well.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I've used motorcycle windshield scratch remover....and a good coat of wax will definetly hide hood scratched

Win if you can...
Loose if you must...
But NEVER stop trying!

·
Registered
23 Posts
There is a line of plastic polish called NOVUS, It has three parts, #3 is for heavy scratches and oxydation, #2 is for light scratches and light oxydation(it works great on anything you need to polish, I've used it on everything from stains on my Corvette's paint to polishing aluminum, to vintage unreplaceable snowmobile windshields), and #1 which is a good anti-static coating and cleaner. I use it on hoods, and windshields nearly everyday,as I work for a Sea-Doo, Ski-Doo and Bombardier Atv dealer. (works great on the Sea-Doo's also). Ski-Doo sells the line through it's Bombardier Direct website and catalog.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts