Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the height of your windshields? Does anyone actually use the shield or just for looks? Just want some opinions because I'm gonna go buy one. Thanks

·
Registered
139 Posts
i don't have a windshield and sometimes it gets cold but revs don't offer much wind protection anyways. also have friends who have bought the cool shiny chrome ones and rolled their sled the next ride or two and the windshield went by by. just like throwing your money away it seems

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
my windshiled is smal and i spray painted it black so no i dont use it. maybe 6 inches tall if that ovr the handle bars.not sure.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Currently I have the "medium" height windshield for the ZX chassis. I think it's 8 or 10 inches tall. I'll soon be putting the stock one back on though (the "low"...MX Zx) because the one on it now is filled up with a bunch of stupid looking stickers thanks to my dad.

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
My stock windshield was med height but not see through. I could duck under it a little but it didnt really help much. New one is half as high and doesnt seem any colder. Handguards block a lot of wind.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I took 2-3 iches off my stock one. Haven't had any snow or cold temps. to evaluate it yet tho.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
[attachment=52554]

No problems being cold on my sks.

Attachments

·
Registered
364 Posts
mine is stock kinda[:D]i use it for looks and for protection from the wind.but at the moment its all for looks

[attachment=50613]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
if you buy those big ones they will protect you from the wind, but the small ones are more for looks
[attachment=41031]

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
I actually use mine for both im only 5'11 so it doesnt take much.................. [attachment=48493]

Attachments

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
mines stock (no clue the height), all i really use it for is keeping the wind off me, cuz im tall and i just see over it

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
i use a low windshield with no hand gards, seems my hands get cold, haha

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
no windsheild and no handguaurds haven't got cold yet

·
Registered
734 Posts
My old touring sled had a high windshield, and I took it for granted. My F7 has a pretty low one, and I def. feel the difference when it's cold out, on long higher-speed rides. Matter of preference, of course. I'll prob. stick with my lower one, cuz I'm used to it and bought a liner for my jacket. I like the way it looks too. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
My sled came with a stock non-flared windshield cut down to a low height. It is pretty banged up now, and I am getting a new one to go with the new body work. The new shield will be a low 5" one. My friend swears by his mid-height shield. But I don't like the looks. And I never got cold with my old one anyway.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
My shield is 11 inches i believe. I think it is called the medium height if you go to the cobra site.

(The red Edge is mine)
[attachment=23904]
[attachment=29174]

It isn't much taller than the winshield bag that I have.

[attachment=36449]

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts