Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[red]Winter storm watch for Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday night.[/red]

Today. Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight. Clear this evening. Then becoming partly cloudy. Lows near 10 above. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight.

Christmas. Cloudy with snow developing in the afternoon. An inch or two accumulation possible by dark. Becoming windy in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph increasing in the afternoon to 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.

Wednesday night. Snow. Storm total of more than 6 inches possible. Windy with lows in the upper teens. Chance of snow 90 percent.

FINALLY!!!!!! Looks like its going to be a white Christmas after all. I've got every finger and toe crossed!

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[:D] Yeah, yeah, yeah........I know. See.....that little "rant" on sledmaine worked. Someone was listening! Let's just hope we get what they predict now. [;)]

·
Registered
59 Posts
tfin where in maine are u from. im front fort kent right at the tip. and we have a little over a foot.[:D][:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm from the Waterville area.....just north of Augusta on I-95. Yeah, I hear you guys have quite a bit up there. Hopefully after this storm, we'll begin catching up down here.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You got the weaker part of the storm[:p]
All the weather reports for me in NY are 1-2 ft[:D] Your getting good snow though.

Originally posted by Tfin70
[br][red]Winter storm watch for Wednesday afternoon through Wednesday night.[/red]

Today. Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 30s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight. Clear this evening. Then becoming partly cloudy. Lows near 10 above. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph becoming northeast after midnight.

Christmas. Cloudy with snow developing in the afternoon. An inch or two accumulation possible by dark. Becoming windy in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 20s. Northeast winds 5 to 10 mph increasing in the afternoon to 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.

Wednesday night. Snow. Storm total of more than 6 inches possible. Windy with lows in the upper teens. Chance of snow 90 percent.

FINALLY!!!!!! Looks like its going to be a white Christmas after all. I've got every finger and toe crossed!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Forecast is for 6-12 inches here in NH! [:p] That's all I wanted for Christmas!!!

Woohoo!!! [:D][:D][:D]

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I wan't a couple feet of snow for Christmas, I can still see the top of the grass.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WINTER STORM WATCH

ANDROSCOGGIN ME-BELKNAP NH-CENTRAL SOMERSET ME-COASTAL CUMBERLAND ME-
COASTAL ROCKINGHAM NH-COASTAL WALDO ME-COASTAL YORK ME-
INTERIOR CUMBERLAND ME-INTERIOR ROCKINGHAM NH-INTERIOR WALDO ME-
INTERIOR YORK ME-KENNEBEC ME-KNOX ME-LINCOLN ME-MERRIMACK NH-
NORTHERN CARROLL NH-NORTHERN COOS NH-NORTHERN FRANKLIN ME-
NORTHERN GRAFTON NH-NORTHERN OXFORD ME-SAGADAHOC ME-
SOUTHERN CARROLL NH-SOUTHERN COOS NH-SOUTHERN FRANKLIN ME-
SOUTHERN GRAFTON NH-SOUTHERN OXFORD ME-SOUTHERN SOMERSET ME-
STRAFFORD NH-SULLIVAN NH-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ALFRED...AUBURN...AUGUSTA...BATH...
BELFAST...BERLIN...BETHEL...BETHLEHEM...BIDDEFORD...
BOOTHBAY HARBOR...BRIDGTON...BRUNSWICK...CAMDEN...CLAREMONT...
COBURN GORE...COLEBROOK...CONCORD...CONWAY...DAMARISCOTTA...DERRY...
DOVER...DURHAM...EUSTIS...EXETER...FAIRFIELD...FARMINGTON...
FRANKLIN...FRYEBURG...GARDINER...HAMPTON...HENNIKER...JACKMAN...
KITTERY...LACONIA...LANCASTER...LEBANON...LEWISTON...LINCOLN...
LINCOLNVILLE...LITTLETON...MECHANIC FALLS...MEREDITH...
MOULTONBOROUGH...NAPLES...NEW LONDON...NORTH WINDHAM...NORTHWOOD...
OAKLAND...OSSIPEE...PITTSFIELD...PLYMOUTH...PORTLAND...PORTSMOUTH...
RANGELEY...ROCHESTER...ROCKLAND...RUMFORD...SALEM...SANFORD...
SEARSPORT...SKOWHEGAN...SOUTH PARIS...SOUTH PORTLAND...THORNDIKE...
TOPSHAM...TURNER...WATERVILLE...WESTBROOK...WISCASSET AND WOODSVILLE
350 AM EST TUE DEC 24 2002

...THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH FOR
WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON AND WEDNESDAY NIGHT...
THE POTENTIAL EXISTS FOR MORE THAN 6 INCHES OF SNOW WEDNESDAY
AFTERNOON INTO WEDNESDAY NIGHT.

[:D][8D][:D][8D]

Hopin for the best here in the Auburn area..

·
Registered
13 Posts
ya....wish it would get little colder and more snow here(washburn, maine)...got bout 8" of snow now and still some open water...:(...darn rain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
[blue][/blue][[:D]

We got a good start on some snow here in southern Maine, about 14" round my house and some crazy drifts... time to break in the sled, and not hit any trees[:eek:)]

·
Registered
129 Posts
conditions are pretty good here in the presque isle area..me an my bud went to houlton and back yesterday...awesome ride...xlt ran like a red rocket!!! yeehaaaa!!!!!

·
Registered
118 Posts
i doubt it this is my first year having "my own" sled and my sled just got bored out so i dunno! we can find out on the trails but im only 15 so i dont know if you mind riding with younger riders?

·
Registered
129 Posts
no i dont mind....just remember to respect that rocket yu have there....that thing will do close to 100mph....be careful..and be shure to respect other riders and well gat along just fine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
yea i`ve rode sleds since i was 8 so i think i`ll do ok its just this is the first one i have owned myself and the funny thing is before my dad moved out we had a RX-1 and i drove that when i was 12 so i`ve been their and done that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts