Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was winterizing my seadoos yeaterday and was about to haul them back to the cottage for the winter and then I thought maybe I was missing something.

For the past 3 years I have been winterizing them and this was my process
- Add feul stabilizer.
- Run it and shut the gas off, keep runnin it till it dies.
- Pour a little oil in the engine and turn it over for maybe 10 seconds.
- Pull out the battery.

I've never had any problems but do other people blow the water out of the system that cools it? Because I always use the compresser and blow all the water out of the boat engine when I winterize it, but never on the seadoos.

Any input or anything else I'm missing?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
i think your asking the wrong crowd, if you need help summerizing your ski-doo then someone might be able to help

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dodgetruck2 said:
i think your asking the wrong crowd, if you need help summerizing your ski-doo then someone might be able to help
There's gotta be a couple people here who have seadoos and winterize them.

·
Registered
591 Posts
put a little bit of coolant in the jackets, do not run the fuel out of the carbs, when the diaphrams are no wet, they quickly dry out, and you will need carb kits after a few winters of that. Just start it up and rev it a few times to blow all of the water out. Change the pump oil while you are winterizing them also, very important piece of maintinence that rarely gets done.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I always removed the muffler and drained the water out of it for the winter (dealer told me)
but I never bothered to try and drain what little lake water might be left in the engine.
I had a polaris SL750 for 15 years never had a issue

wakeboarderboy said:
I was winterizing my seadoos yeaterday and was about to haul them back to the cottage for the winter and then I thought maybe I was missing something.

For the past 3 years I have been winterizing them and this was my process
- Add feul stabilizer.
- Run it and shut the gas off, keep runnin it till it dies.
- Pour a little oil in the engine and turn it over for maybe 10 seconds.
- Pull out the battery.

I've never had any problems but do other people blow the water out of the system that cools it? Because I always use the compresser and blow all the water out of the boat engine when I winterize it, but never on the seadoos.

Any input or anything else I'm missing?

·
Registered
128 Posts
My instructor has me put a little stabil in the inline filter as well, make sure you dump the sediment out of the catch while you're doing this. Also don't forget to grease your zerks and check your jet for damage or water into the seals.

Edit: Add some RV antifreeze as so the water won't freeze in the engine

·
Registered
2,922 Posts
Just winterized mine the other day. I took off one of the main coolant inlet hoses, put a funnel on it, and began pouring RV antifreeze into the hose until it filled. I then started the motor and kept filling it until the water coming out of the water pump outlet turned red and then shut it off. I run ethanol treatment anyways, so ethanol eating the lines was not a concern. Drain the tank and run it through till the line is almost empty. Take the plugs out and put a little oil in it, then bump the starter a few times. Put the hose back on, and your done.

·
Registered
128 Posts
What sledcrusher mentioned about the rv coolant is what I was driving at, but he was more descript about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts