Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[B)] Took the sled out this after noon. Made a quick trip to the inlaws about 1/2 mile from here. Topped out at 102 mph. On the way home had a car pull out in front of me. The road makes a tee and it never stopped. I ended up hitting a snow bank at 75 mph and tried to leave earths gravititional pull. I landed 68 feet in the neighbors field the sled landed another 15 foot. They never even stopped to see if I was ok.[:(!] Now I am all bruised up. Good thing snow is soft!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey thats fricken fast in a half mile. lucky you didnt brake some bones. I wood be pissed if that happened to me and them guys didnt even stop. What kind of sled you ridin?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
arctic car Zr 600 twin. With about $1200 black magic. The Ski's wont touch till about 80-85 mph if you pin it.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah. Sled got sucked into a snow drift and tipped on its side. only a minor crack in the wind shield. My shoulder and arm is pretty swollen today. If I lay my arm at my side I can't lift it more than 10" away from my leg. Typing with one hand sucks.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Where are the pictures of this massive jump?! lol Yikes, hitting a snowbank at 75mph!? How high were the banks?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Banks were about 2 foot, and its about a 8foot drop down into the field. We sled there all the time but usually take it much slower!LOL I will try to get some pics of the field. It snowed to beat all today and we have some huge drifts that need busting. Hopefully I will be able to ride this weekend.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
/snofan/../images/users/smokeymacpot/crash.JPG

Here is a picture of the wipe out site. I hit between the lines and I ended up about where the X is. We have gotten about 16 inches of snow since it happened with a lot of drifting other wise you would be able to see it better. The sled landed in a drift just beyond where the pic ends. The shoulder is feeling much better today. Must be all them beer curls![:D]

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
/snofan/../images/users/smokeymacpot/crash.JPG

Here is a picture of the wipe out site. I hit between the lines and I ended up about where the X is. We have gotten about 16 inches of snow since it happened with a lot of drifting other wise you would be able to see it better. The sled landed in a drift just beyond where the pic ends. The shoulder is feeling much better today. Must be all them beer curls![:D]

·
Registered
268 Posts
You may want to reconsider that signature now pal...[:)]

·
Administrator
1998 XCR 440
13,109 Posts
ouch, could have been worse though.

That's an intense jump though, too bad nobody videotaped it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts