Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wondering if someone can tell me how to wire a 1999 Arctic Cat ZR 600 up for a heated shield. This sled has never been wired for a heated shield and I was wondering where exactly do you attach the hardware to. Any diagrams would be a huge help. Thanks

·
Registered
22 Posts
There is a power wire at the top of your steering bost, bottom of the handlebars. It's a 2 prong plug, one purple wire, one black. The black is the ground. I would go to a Cat dealer and get a bypass plug. They came in every tool kit since forever. Cut the wire on the plug, in the middle and hook up the shield wires to that. Now it's a simple plug in set up. If your shield comes with an RCA type plug, drill a hole in the console on the opposite side as the key switch. Make it just big enough for the wires, but small enough so the RCA plug doesn't go through. NOW wire the bypass plug hook up as explained earlier.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.