Snowmobile Fanatics banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 95 mach 1 670 i bought some dress up lights and i thought i hade the right place to wire them too but when i hook them in the they light up but the sled kills it self, so i try starting it wouldnt start, i unplug them and pull it fired right up so i pulled the one in and then the other aand i got a shock! and the sled died, but the lights do come on.. do i have it wired wroung? if so where is the right place to wire them?(in detail) i know pretty well nothing about wireing, they run of a 12 volt, in the pic u can see the little red and black wires by the gas line there thos are them, and that'sticking out towards the cam is the one iv been trying to hook them up too, right behide the air box, any help would be awesome thanks!. [attachment=48511]
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
You've wired them into the ignition circuit. Anytime you ground that wire it is the same as hitting the kill switch. by running the power through the lights and to ground its grounding the power to the ignition. On polaris the yellow is acc. power and black is the ignition circut. Not sure about the doo wire colors. Find out what color is accesory power on your sled and tap into that. Mabye call a dealer to see what color.
Thats my best guess. Pretty commen mistake when people wire in visor heaters too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,304 Posts
Don you own a volt meter? would help alot when it comes to wiring

I'm sure yellow/black is power

You need to find a positive wire, and a ground

Like said above, sounds like you tied into the ignition circuit. I would never just start pluging wire in without knowing what it is, could become costly
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top