Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well boys. it's the season finally in my circuit tommorw, and I'm goin up against joey the fish for the last time (joey poisson, 700 trail stock winner @ haydays, 800 2nd place) also goin against Gerry Prosser. 2 very fast RX-1's. All year everyone has told me that I'd never catch the RX-1s, but hey, tommorow we'll find out eh?

wish me luck guys : )

time for the old SRX to strut her stuff.

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hey, did you race at Haydays? And how did you do? I am good friends with Gary Glidden. He is an up-and-coming Yamidog racer and they've been trying really hard to get the clutching figured out on their SRX this year. They have been right there with guys like Hauk and Ulmer, and all with no factory support. There is a local grass drag this Sunday the 20th at the Boone county fairgrounds and it is big bragging rights for this area. It is rumored that Pat Hauk is going to be there, but we'll see.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Hmm any idea whats done on those RX-1s? Cause most people have been reporting that the SRXs and RX-1s run really close from the factory.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SD U've been BS'ed man, the RX-1's are friggin dogs from the factory, well, I shouldn't say that, they're certainly copetative with most single piped 2-strokes, but fromt he factory, an SRX will eat it for lunch. our RX-1 has no engine work, just clutching and gearing, it has over 300 chisels, engages over 7000 and just screams, but my Mountain SRX with engagement 5500 and no studs will take it, I've still got it by 2 lengths at the end of the track. I hate to say it about my own company, but if you see a fast RX-1 at the track, it's got enginework done to it, either that or it's been set up by a real pro (hauck and mills are the only 2 I've heard of that have had any success yet)

O ya, this w/e went pretty friggin badly, the SRX was runnin beautiful, carrying the skii's the whole track, only real problem with that was that there was a DEADLY frigin crosswind, one run I had to let off 3 times to straighten her out, every time she had enough power left to come right back up when I got back on it. needless to say, didn't fair to well. My little 500 on the other hand, friggin screamin, no studs engagement 5500, and it turned a 6.9. never seen a 500 stand up like that before, short little wheelie, but still, ski's 2.5' off the ground. it finished 1st in all it's point classes at the end of the year. SRX finished 3rd in the 700, and 2nd in the 800.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, no more circuit, and it's time to get workin on the studded, open engagement set-up for woody's : )

they may be called snowmobiles, but hiding behind that is a cheap excuse to not grass drag.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts