Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres what i found on Johndee.com for an extended forcast

As a big tease, the GFS model is indicating a monster storm for the western ½ of the Midwest Nov 19th-21st. Cat 4-5 levels snows would occur across eastern KS, NE and SD, as well as much of IA, southern MN, western WI and all of the UP. Totals would be in the 10-20" range with what the GFS is currently saying. However, I have little to no faith in that storm occurring at this point. The GFS has been all over the road out beyond day 7 or 8. So a 14-15 day forecast is really up for grabs! However, it was cool to watch the model spin up that storm!

wishfull thinking

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
GOOD POST BOB, I was just going to check out his forcast. This is a change from yesterdays forecast... WE CAN HOPE. HMM 10-20 inches would mean no worky and roads covered with snow...

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
They don't really close things for 10-20" of snow do they?
We got 29" here in a 24 hour period and they didn't even close the schools.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
around here if there is 5 inches of snow and still snowing and the roads are slick the shut down schools

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
10 inches probably wouldnt close work, but depending on conditions would close schools.
20 inches and the town would shut down, we would be able to ride into downtown minneapolis and back... That is one of my goals for the year.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
im with ya....wisconsin needs snow. we havnt had a good snow fall since 98(figures 99 i started to snowmobile...maybe im cursed)

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damnit it was you who cursed us! damnit all to hell lol j/k
i do think we have a good chance for some good snows this year alot of stuff is in our favor. im guessing average to above average snowfalls this year let us pray

·
Registered
57 Posts
good snow this year would be good. If you guys out west dont have enough, come east. Last year we had over 200 inches in upstate new york and vermont. Let the snow gods smile on us all and bless us with ample white goodness in which to play. Let us pray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts