Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would start a thread for us in Western New York. We could check here for our area.

In southern erie county we got a good 6" last night and there is more expected. I am looking forward to someone form the other 2 southern counties (Cat and Chat) to chime in as well. I am always curious what the trails are like in Soringville and south. Feel free to update this anyone from the WNY area.

·
Registered
486 Posts
my home is in Randolph which is in Catt county. however I'm in canandaigua until weekends because of college but i can reply when i get home on weekends. i do know that in Randolph there is about 8 in as of 5pm Tues. and here in canandaigua no snow at all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
grand island and north of buffalo got about 3 or 4 inches in the last few days but its already down to an inch and 45 degree weather is in the forcast[:(]

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it hasn't been very warm here in Hamburg. Frigging cold! I thought that Springville and south was going to get good snow for the next few days.

·
Registered
486 Posts
we had over a foot over the weekend in south west catt county. and yes it was very cold here friday night it was seven degrees. the sleds ran like crazy but my friend smashed his. it would cost him about 3000 to replase everything but hes fixing alot of it.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is it all gone now with the warmer temps?

·
Registered
757 Posts
i live in lake veiw and there is nothing but puddles....hopefully chattaqua trails still open friday......all hamburgs trails are garbage!the quads rip the crap out of it and it has mud holes. but any way those who ride in springville where do you park the trailers...

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are we getting snow this week? Lets see if Old Man Winter and Mother Nature finally get it on!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Intimdtr77, How is it looking out by you? Got nothing up by me. Yesterday heard 40's again by friday....wondering if we can get out for a night, yeah the ground is wet, but with a foot or so on it, we can get at least one ride in......

·
Registered
4 Posts
any info on snow depths in springville area? people are telling me about a foot?

·
Registered
28 Posts
We got about 4 inches down in Catt. County, but it's still snowing
so that's a plus. Hopefully I can get out and ride tommorow night
even if it's for just one night, before it warms up again on thursday. I had also heard that Springville has about a foot of snow, maybe i'll trailer up there and ride.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They got about a foot in Sprinville form what I heard. I will have confirmation later in the day for Sprinville to E-Ville. I wen tout myself to play at Evangola on the main trail to satisfy the urge!

From what I heard after friday r saturdays slight warm up we are in line for many cold days. After Monday the weather go-roos stated cold days a head. Thank god!

I will try to get out as much as possible. I will be going to the Tug Hill ride for Breast Cancer March 3. If anyone want tickets please let me know. They are raffling off a Artci Cat this year! There is a thread hear about it, search!

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK folks we are suppose to get snow this week end. Let's all pay attention to the thread so we know where we can ride!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea, I have just seen that there is another storm heading in Friday sometime, so depending on where it hits and how much, I'm game. Have the whole weekend off, so crossing my fingers and hoping.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Is anyone planning on attending the Sledfest sponsored by 103.3 The Edge radio station? They've changed the date, so now they are hoping things shape up for Saturday 27, 2007 @ Colden Lake Resort. I unfortunately have to work, but if winter arrives, I wouldn't mind heading there to check things out.

Sledfest is postponed to January 27th
The Colden Trail Riders and the Edge present Sledfest 2007 on Saturday, January 27th at Colden Lakes Resort! This year's Snowmobile poker run proceeds benefit The Variety Club of WNY.
Registration is $30 and will begin (day of) at 10am, The first 100 people to register will receive an official Sledfest 2007 long sleeve T-shirt. Registration includes dinner, trail dues, and a raffle ticket for the chance to win a 2006 Arctic Cat 600 Crossfire. All registrants will have the chance to win some great prizes!
Think snow!
-Shredd

·
Registered
348 Posts
Don't forget Winter Funfest in Allegheny State Park, weekend of Feb 2nd. http://nysparks.state.ny.us/snow/gen_info.asp
You can probably get a cabin still on the Quaker side. Finally have some snow in the forecast I I have the flu. Still going to ride this weekend if the trails open. We are supposed to get 6" or better in Southern Erie county tomorrow day and more on Saturday.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea, thats the pot sturring. I guess all we can do is hope for the best! Funny question is, how are we going to know where to ride if suitable when we'll be either riding or looking for open trails, whose has the duty to inform? lol

·
Registered
348 Posts
Anybody been to Springville or beyond this weekend? Colden didn't get anything acording to the local club page. Hard to get any acurate info on most of the club pages because they don't update very regularly. I want to go in the morning but now sure where to head. If anyone has any first hand info please let me know if any trails are open in the Southerntier. Springville, Ellicotville, Allegheny.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
E-Ville is grooming, they have 12inches of powder over the base. I got it form a friend who saw the groomer today. I don't know about s-Ville though.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts