Snowmobile Fanatics banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was wondering if anyone new of a good site to get v force 3 reeds for my 01 polaris xc sp 600.....and is it worth the money will i noticed diffrents?
thank again

·
Registered
89 Posts
I would get them from dennis kirk, I notice the throttle being alittle more crispy with boysen reeds but you will probley get abunch of mixed answers so I would say try them out and see what you think

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
dont buy them. My cousin added added V-Force 3 reeds to his 01 edge-x 600. absolutely zero difference, and we tested them with a radar gun, by personal feel, about an hour apart, in the same place. ZERO difference.

·
Registered
511 Posts
My recommendation is to only buy them if you need to replace your stock reeds. Other than that they are not worth it. Sometimes you get a little better throttle response, but without further engine mods you will not gain any power with them.

I have Boyesen Rage Cages on my 2002 Doo Renegade 700, but that's only because my stock reed setup was ripped and pretty much done. I went aftermarket because I got the Boyesens for slightly less than stock Doo stuff (or about the same - was 1.5 years ago).

·
Registered
232 Posts
^^^ yea not a great difference, not worth the money, unless of course u need a reed replacement. but yea the only way they can help is with further mods.

·
Registered
84 Posts
not really worth it, but cheapest place i have found is psep.biz they were about a third the price of dennis kirk for my bud's storm.

·
Registered
368 Posts
take a look at carbon tech reeds and utilize the stock cages. affordable, great replacement for failing stockers and you should notice a gain in performance and mileage. or go all out for the boyeson rage cages if they are available for your sled. money well spent, if you can afford it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts